Why not Android?

bmhillegass87

Q&A Team
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Let me start by saying... I love Android. I also find a ton of value in the iOS platform. As consumers, we have an incredible amount of choice to suit our needs best. One thing that I was really thinking about today was I'd like to see my wife using an Android phone. She's used an iPhone since the iPhone 5 and has never looked back. I sat and thought about it today and I think the number one feature is iMessage that keeps people glued to the platform and makes it the superior choice for most. I truly believe if Android was able to develop a feature like this or get access to iMessage it would completely dethrone iOS as the number one. What stops your significant other from choosing Android? We all know we have that special person in our life!

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
iMessage would be my reason for staying with iPhone if I had an iPhone.

It will be interesting to see what RCS does to change the messaging world when it gets universally adopted.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
iOS just does things that those users want (or have been told to believe it's what they want).

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I guess I'll never see the big deal with iMessage but whatever, many do. Would't sway me to an iPhone that's for sure.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Personally... I can't fathom choosing a phone based on a messaging service

Honestly it was one of the biggest reasons I stayed with blackberry for so long. I didn't take a permanent jump to Android until the Note 4.

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely, iMessage. Even as an Android user, I appreciate iMessage and wish I had it. It's one of the best messaging platforms out there. But BBM is still my favourite.

I doubt that Apple will ever give Android or any other platform the rights for distributing iMessage - unfortunately - because they know it's an exclusive feather in their cap and they don't want to share it with anyone.

My boyfriend uses an iPhone SE and I like it. It's got a really good battery and it's lasted him a long time. He's actually wanting to try Android next time around and I'm super excited to gently steer him in that direction if that's what he wants. 😜

phonejunky

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I’d say there are a few things that keep people hooked. For your average user iMessage and FaceTime are huge, also people like the way apps look on Apple instead of Android. For some it’s because of work, people have coworkers who all have iPhones or run systems that cater to Apple. However for myself I have everything I named before as well as a massive iTunes music library that can’t be transferred to Google Music or Spotify. So I’m in the Apple Matrix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21