I pretty much owned every flagship since 2009 when I first signed my contract with the BlackBerry Bold 9000.

Some I even bought twice like the Note 2, used the other as an "iPod" or bought it again after a few months like the hTc One M7.

This year alone I had the moto Z, Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+ and LG G6.

Right now I'm using the Huawei P10+ & OnePlus 5 Soft Gold.

I pre-ordered the Samsung Galaxy Note 8, I even worked overtime on labor day weekend for it but cancelled it because at $1,399 plus our 15% taxes I couldn't do it. I know I can return it but I also know I'll end up keeping it.

I guess it doesn't help that I used up all my upgrades, even though I know what's coming out this time of the year.

It just seems crazy that even upgrading will cost me $799.99 plus taxes.

Hopefully this is the beginning to an end, upgrading every 4 months is not normal. LOL

Even if I stick with just OnePlus, which IMO is the best flagship out there, I'd still be upgrading every year.
    mojook, belodion, Tsepz_GP and 2 others like this.
    09-07-2017 10:21 PM
    God speed friend. Hopefully the Pixels won't be terribly tempting.
    bembol likes this.
    09-08-2017 05:41 PM
    Gee...I stick with one phone for years
    J Dubbs likes this.
    09-09-2017 07:29 AM
    I change phones every 3 years, I'm not made of money...
    09-09-2017 09:24 AM
    Once every 3 years is good enough as we have got to the point where where even 3 yr old phones are great for daily use. For example a Moto G 3rd Gen or HTC M9 or Galaxy S5 or Sony Z2 etc.
    09-09-2017 01:03 PM
    I won't be end mine just yet... I'll be ordering the Pixel XL 2.
    09-09-2017 08:27 PM
    Owning an S8 and S8+ along with other phones sounds like an addiction.

I've had more phones than most people as well, but I get 1 or 2 a year. Been happy with my S7 since launch, can't justify the cost of new phones when I have repairs I want to do around my home and my car recently hit 200k miles.
    amyf27 likes this.
    09-09-2017 11:10 PM
    I pretty much owned every flagship since 2009 when I first signed my contract with the BlackBerry Bold 9000.

Some I even bought twice like the Note 2, used the other as an "iPod" or bought it again after a few months like the hTc One M7.

I pre-ordered the Samsung Galaxy Note 8, I even worked overtime on labor day weekend for it but cancelled it because at $1,399 plus our 15% taxes I couldn't do it. I know I can return it but I also know I'll end up keeping it.

I guess it doesn't help that I used up all my upgrades, even though I know what's coming out this time of the year.

Hopefully this is the beginning to an end, upgrading every 4 months is not normal. LOL

Even if I stick with just OnePlus, which IMO is the best flagship out there, I'd still be upgrading every year.
    That is madness.

1 new device per year is fine for me, I'd go nuts going through many a year, lol!

Good on you!
    amyf27 and bembol like this.
    09-10-2017 04:56 PM
    I won't be end mine just yet... I'll be ordering the Pixel XL 2.
    Has Google announced when this might be coming?
    09-12-2017 04:35 AM

Whhhaaaatttt.😗
    09-12-2017 12:23 PM
    Love your phone collection, but I certainly understand where you're coming from. Good for you - that's certainly a step in the right direction!

Also, AUGH I love the OnePlus 5 Soft Gold edition! I wish I could get it haha but I need to hang onto my current phone...

I think a lot of us could benefit from what you're doing... 😜.
    bembol likes this.
    09-13-2017 08:35 AM
    Thanks!!!

I was waiting for the official release date to pass to see if I actually would stick to it. I've said it many times, I will not upgrade and a few days later I'm posting my new toy.

Let's see if I can make it pass November 2 with iPhone X. LOL
    Morty2264 likes this.
    09-16-2017 10:54 PM
    Thanks!!!

I was waiting for the official release date to pass to see if I actually would stick to it. I've said it many times, I will not upgrade and a few days later I'm posting my new toy.

Let's see if I can make it pass November 2 with iPhone X. LOL
    LOOL that's fair! My boyfriend and I watched some videos about the iPhone X last night! Like how it can incorporate AR into its videos! Let us know how you like it!
    09-17-2017 04:05 PM

I think it's a pretty admirable thing to do. Take a step back and realize how much this is all actually costing you. Put it this way...

When I was a new car salesman, the money was good some months, terrible other months and just okay most of the time. When I would go into a purchase I would consider how many cars I had to sell to buy this new phone, laptop or nice sofa. Was it worth it?

With where I was working, you had to move a certain amount of cars a month to reach a certain salary. One bad month could chop your salary in half and it happened a lot. Car business isn't easy...but that's not the point. Just consider how much you have to actually go through to buy what you want to buy and figure if its worth it to you in that respect.

If I was a janitor, I would consider how many toilets I needed to scrub to pay for that new shiny iPad...and then turn the other way because I could put that money toward something else, more worth it.

I'm not cheap. I'm frugal. You should always leave room for your hobbies because they make you happy. But don't let them run you either. Take control. Come up with a plan. I know temptation tried to get the best of you but don't let it win.

Sorry for the rant 🤐
    bembol likes this.
    09-20-2017 06:27 AM