Nexus 2 coming in June for Verizon?

Night Train

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Nexus 2 releases in June on Verizon Wireless | AndroidSPIN | Your No.1 source for Android news.
Always something newer and greater on the horizon. I've been waiting since January for the Verizon N1 and will order one as soon as that Google webpage Verizon link goes active.

Corey

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Not really anything there to suggest a release of anything. Though, in the spirit of this thread and the minimal info given in the link, I'm going to speculate that the N2 is actually an entirely new model with a different form factor. This will be Google's next step in expanding their own store front and diversifying their offerings.

This unsubstantiated speculation thing is fun. I can see how it could get addictive.

Night Train

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Not really anything there to suggest a release of anything. Though, in the spirit of this thread and the minimal info given in the link, I'm going to speculate that the N2 is actually an entirely new model with a different form factor. This will be Google's next step in expanding their own store front and diversifying their offerings.

This unsubstantiated speculation thing is fun. I can see how it could get addictive.
On second thought...might this N2 be the "enterprise" version for business users?

Corey

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
On second thought...might this N2 be the "enterprise" version for business users?

To take this in a slightly different route and let the imagination go for a moment:

Perhaps the N2 is a Motorola based phone. Wasn't some big Motorola muckity-muck also at the launch of the N1? Could the N2 be a Motorola based product line? The N1 could be the HTC portion of the Google mobile phone sales plan, with an N2 being produced by Motorola, and any subsequent manufacturers getting the next alphanumeric designation, with each bringing something specific to the line in terms of hardware and software. The N1/HTC could be the flagship for Sense UI, N2/Motorola the development gem for MotoBlur, and eventual N3, N4, etc could be eventual test beds for Sony/Samsung/Dell/etc to offer a flagship model that showcases both their specific hardware choices mated to their take on the UI. It would make some sense in that they would all be a "Nexus", making for a nice play on the definition. The phones would both be devices used to make a connection (cellular, internet, SMS, MMS, email, Facebook, etc) as well as all having Google as their core.

Just throwing that unsupported speculation out there to chew on. For all we know, it could end up being nothing more than a N1 World Phone edition with minimal tweaks beyond CDMA and GSM support. But I like my idea better. :D

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I know where Jimmy Hoffa is buried. Caution everybody against believing one-line anonymous e-mails. Not saying it's not gonna happen, it's just that everybody needs to take deep breaths here.

agarrett527

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
It would be a poor move by Google to introduce a new phone so quickly. If they were to add a keyboard and basically rebrand it like the Palm Pre Plus then I think that would be okay.

I know sales are lagging but you have to imagine things will pick up a lot more thanks to VZW.

R

Roy Aguilera

Droid is a VZW exclusive. N2 would and could be the Droid 2.
Should go nicely with the 2.1 Droid rollout in June.:p

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I think the nexus 2 will be coming out, no doubt about it but I don't believe it will be released in June. If it the Motorola handset that is the Droid 2 I think it will probably be released in November, a year from when the Droid was released. I think it could be announced in June but not released especially since there hasn't been a lot of news about Google releasing a new device. If it was to be released in June, every gadget blog would have been posting rumored pics and info more often instead of the rare occationed info we have received. I it comes out in November I will def do an early upgrade and pay the additional $20 to do so but only if it is a significant upgrade to what is already out currently.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
This rumor might have more merit now that there are whispers of the Nexus One on Verizon having something in/on it that the other carriers' versions do not have. Maybe it will be branded the Nexus 2...who knows?