09-14-2017 04:36 PM
33 12
tools
    I watched bits of it, underwhelming hype.

Im massively pleased those hideous leaks of the 10 prove true. It is a hideous looking phone with massive bezels and that notch my goodness... So I pleased, I left Apple for an s8 when it came out and those leaks started, when I saw them I thought apple had gone mental, that's been confirmed from my perspective.

Can't fathom how anyone could see that as a good looking phone, is it the bezels, the notch, the camera bump... Oft.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    09-13-2017 09:17 AM
    I watched bits of it, underwhelming hype.

Im massively pleased those hideous leaks of the 10 prove true. It is a hideous looking phone with massive bezels and that notch my goodness... So I pleased, I left Apple for an s8 when it came out and those leaks started, when I saw them I thought apple had gone mental, that's been confirmed from my perspective.

Can't fathom how anyone could see that as a good looking phone, is it the bezels, the notch, the camera bump... Oft.
    Just looked at photos... I would drop and shatter that thing just by looking at it! Oh my. That's all I can say.
    09-13-2017 09:42 AM
    I'm only talking about Samsung with regards to the Android as a platform. Samsung's motivation is selling phones and tablets, not promoting Android in general. If Samsung thought they could do as well or better with Tizen, they'd drop Android in a heart beat.
    Unless there's something I'm missing, I just don't see much value in HTC.

The design of their past hits? How much of those were influenced by someone else? Sprint probably had a lot to say about the Evo phones.

What does HTC's patent portfolio look like?

How is HTC's manufacturing and supply chain management? Is this something Google couldn't just spin up on their own?

If Google does buy HTC or HTC's mobile division, it would surprise me if it was over $1 billion.
    09-13-2017 12:19 PM
    Just too expensive
    09-14-2017 06:25 AM
    I wouldnt bother looking at any other apple phone than the x, I have the 7 and it works great but boring tbh. I will have to see some reviews and I may order the x and just wait for it to show up...I have a feeling it's going to a long wait though with limited supply.
    09-14-2017 07:45 AM
    I wouldnt bother looking at any other apple phone than the x, I have the 7 and it works great but boring tbh. I will have to see some reviews and I may order the x and just wait for it to show up...I have a feeling it's going to a long wait though with limited supply.
    I imagine that the wait would be long and their preorder units will sell out fast! But good luck! If you do get it, let us know how you like it!
    09-14-2017 07:56 AM
    The new iPhones looked great. Nothing spectacular spec wise, but very competent. The X is definitely too expensive, but if you are going to get the higher capacity 8 Plus might as well spend the extra $50 on the X.

It will be interesting to see how the new A11 CPU performs. They must be very confident in its battery saving capabilities being they cut the battery size on both the 8 and 8 Plus. I believe the iPhone 7 has a 1900 mAh battery and the 8 has an 1800 mAh, while the iPhone 7 Plus (my daily driver) has a 2900 mAh battery and the 8 Plus is down to 2600 mAh. My 7 Plus gets insanely good battery life (never had anything comparable since my LG G2) so I'm not sure why the decrease in size. Some have theorized that the glass back for wireless charging added more weight so they cut weight from the heaviest component, the battery. My 7 Plus is way too heavy (similar to the LG V10 weight) so adding more weight would be a bad idea. Cutting the battery size is also a bad idea, but maybe the A11 CPU is that good.

I'm more exciting about getting iOS 11 on Tuesday than anything they announced at the event.
    09-14-2017 02:59 PM
    As long as the home screen looks like an app drawer I'll never get past that no matter how whiz-bang they're supposed to be...and that's coming from someone who has an Apple for every other device I own (whopps, I have a Chromebook just for kicks too).
    09-14-2017 04:36 PM
33 12