Dear Swappa users

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Dear Swappa users,

I am Canadian. We don't have a Canadian Swappa store or any comparable service. All we have eBay with its bloody 10% selling fees or crappy classified ad services with shady sellers sellling devices for ridiculously low prices... case in point, a brand new Galaxy S8+ in a sealed box for $480... of course that's legit! :-$

So I decide to give Swappa a try and find everything I'm looking for! This is the perfect service for someone like me, who changes phones all the time. Swappa doesn't charge a fortune and a half to sell through them, they have proper verified sellers and so on... but why do all the US sellers only ship within the US? I mean, I understand not wanting to ship overseas but in Canada? Some sellers are less than an hour drive away!

So dear Swappa users, it would be greatly appreciated if you were opened to shipping to Canada.

Thank you for your time.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Swappa is the only place I go to for selling phones. I don't want to deal w/ eBay.

Last edited:

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Swappa is the only place I go to for selling phones. I don't want to dela w/ eBay.

Exactly! That's why it's pretty disappointing to find all these great deals and not be able to get them! :/

And in the last year I've been getting frustrated with eBay. 10% commission isn't that much for low price stuff. But when you sell a phone you sometimes end up giving them close $100 and when you try to adjust your prices accordingly, it make that percentage go higher too. So there's no winning with them!

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I know for me personally, it's just easier to only ship to the US. I sold something in the past on ebay and shipped it to Canada, and if I'm remembering correctly, it was slightly more involved than shipping to the US, plus it was more expensive. Swappa makes you pay for the shipping yourself so shipping to Canada makes it where you only stand to lose more money. If it's gonna sell anyway, which one do you think most people are going to pick? Just economics

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I know for me personally, it's just easier to only ship to the US. I sold something in the past on ebay and shipped it to Canada, and if I'm remembering correctly, it was slightly more involved than shipping to the US, plus it was more expensive. Swappa makes you pay for the shipping yourself so shipping to Canada makes it where you only stand to lose more money. If it's gonna sell anyway, which one do you think most people are going to pick? Just economics

Ah that's something I didn't know. The buyer doesn't pay for shipping and you can't adjust the price accordingly to where you're shpping it? That's dumb. Every online store does that. :-\

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Swappa is great, but I've also sold phones on EBay. EBay has never given me a problem. Both involve PayPal so no difference there.

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Swappa is great, but I've also sold phones on EBay. EBay has never given me a problem. Both involve PayPal so no difference there.

There is a major difference actually. eBay charges 10% of your sale whereas Swappa doesn't. So you sell your phone on eBay for $400 you pay $40 that you can't really include in your price as it will make the cost go up.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
There is a major difference actually. eBay charges 10% of your sale whereas Swappa doesn't. So you sell your phone on eBay for $400 you pay $40 that you can't really include in your price as it will make the cost go up.

Yes but with EBay you can also have an auction. I recently sold a phone for $75 more than I bought it for via auction. Expect to be low balled quite a bit on Swappa.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Low balled? What do you mean?

"Low Balled" = people offering a much lower price than what you are selling your phone for. My experience selling on Swappa, for example, I wiil list a phone for say $300 and will have people making offers like "I'll buy it now for $200" Worst offer I ever got was on a week old Gold OnePlus 3 brand new open box, when it was a new current device before the 3T was even made, I had someone offer me $200 and that's only if I would ship it next day air FedEx, which would have cost around 45 to 50 dollars. You can chose to just ignor the stupid offers, or be polite and just respond with something like "I'm sorry, I can not go that low on this phone" most of the ridiculously low offers I just ignor them.

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
"Low Balled" = people offering a much lower price than what you are selling your phone for. My experience selling on Swappa, for example, I wiil list a phone for say $300 and will have people making offers like "I'll buy it now for $200" Worst offer I ever got was on a week old Gold OnePlus 3 brand new open box, when it was a new current device before the 3T was even made, I had someone offer me $200 and that's only if I would ship it next day air FedEx, which would have cost around 45 to 50 dollars. You can chose to just ignor the stupid offers, or be polite and just respond with something like "I'm sorry, I can not go that low on this phone" most of the ridiculously low offers I just ignor them.

Yeah I get that on eBay as well. A 3 month old mint condition Galaxy S7 with original box and accessories. Someone offered me $250 for it. It was still selling for $670. I wasn't shaving off $400 for 3 months of light use. Ha!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay