Question about temporarily using an iPhone (!)

snowplease

May 30, 2017
Visit site
I'm needing to send my LG G5 in for warranty repair. While it's in the shop, the only alternative for me to use (other than buying something) is an old iPhone from way back. It's temporary, so I don't care that it's small, running an old OS, etc.

But the one thing I'm worried about is this: way back when I left the iPhone and came over to the Android world, I had the whole thing where Apple/iMessages completely hijacked and screwed up a lot of my text messaging, was missing messages from lots of my friends, and it took way too much effort for them and me to fix it all... I'm sure many of you remember that.

So, in this interim temporary use, I'm thinking I'll be safe if I make sure to turn off the "iMessages" portion of the Apple Messages app. Does that sound correct to y'all?

Thanks!

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely turn of iMessages otherwise you will be in Apple's message purgatory for the rest of your smartphone life.
Good luck.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
You want to make sure that when you stop using the iPhone you have turned off iMessage and signed out of iCloud. In fact, just don’t enable either since you’ll only be using the phone temporarily.

Edit: just noticed this is an old thread. No worries.