Stop Lock Screen allowing mobile data to be turned off/on Android 7.0

bodwyn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Huawei P10 Lite, Android 7.0

If you swipe down on the lock screen you can simply switch on/off the wifi, mobile data, bluetooth etc.

Is there a way to make it harder for someone to just pick it up and access these features?

I don't want it to be easy for someone to switch off data if I'm trying to use find my device.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I am using Cerberus, a security app, and one of its features is to disable that swipe down on the lockscreen. It also takes pictures of those who enter the wrong security code. It however won't stop the pull down from being accessed through the lockscreen notification though.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, this is something I'm surprised Google hasn't incorporated into Android yet... They allow you to mask sensitive notifications, but they need to allow you to lock down the quick toggles as well.

sachin_salim

Jan 28, 2019
Visit site
search LOCK NETWORK AND SECURITY in settings and turn it ON.
It'll ask for a lock screen input either patter or face detection or iris scanner if we try to toggle Wifi, mobile data or Bluetooth in a lock screen

Priya Taneja

Aug 31, 2019
Visit site
Huawei P10 Lite, Android 7.0

If you swipe down on the lock screen you can simply switch on/off the wifi, mobile data, bluetooth etc.

Is there a way to make it harder for someone to just pick it up and access these features?

I don't want it to be easy for someone to switch off data if I'm trying to use find my device.

SOLUTION: completely open the drop down menu and click on the small edit option (pencil icon) at the bottom right. Then, you can drag the "mobile data" downwards, which will remove it from the drop down menu.
You can turn on the your mobile data everytime from the settings tab. This way no can can turn it off from the lock screen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC