Moto x4 or huawei P10 lite

britishrocco

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Hi all, been a motorola moto x user since day one, had all of them, now I want to replace moto old moto x play, been waiting for the x4. Unfortunately it's not available in canada, I can get one from the web, but I can have a huawei P10 lite for free with my provider.

Hows the huawei EMUI? Am used to the near stock android that moto provide, anyone have switch from a moto to a P10?

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Though I have not used Moto devices, I do have an Honor 8 running EMUI 5.0.1. EMUI is a very fluid and intriguing experience. I have enjoyed each new update of EMUI - but there are, of course, those who like one build more than others. But that's the way it is with anything - you'll get differing opinions and experiences from users with different needs/wants in a phone.

Some say EMUI is close to stock Android, and I do agree to an extent. To me, nothing can replace stock Android; but I love EMUI. I love how customizable the experience is! Themes! Fonts! Choices!

I did a fair bit of research on the Huawei P10 series. I'm obviously biased in this regard, having owned a Huawei phone, but I would definitely recommend the P10 Lite. If it would be more convenient for you to get one, that is certainly a factor; but if you'd rather wait for the Moto device to come out, that's totally reasonable as well.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, and after a bit of reading, now I add the OnePlus 5 or maybe a OnePlus3T in the list, read good review about thoses phones.

Both of those phones are good choices; however, they will be a little difficult to find, considering the 5T's release. However, Amazon is selling the 5 and the 3T - looks like they are at good deals now; given the holidays are around the corner!

Though the 3T is an excellent device, I recommend going with the 5 - it is newer and will have a longer shelf life. Amazon has accessories for both of these phones, as well! :)

britishrocco

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Both of those phones are good choices; however, they will be a little difficult to find, considering the 5T's release. However, Amazon is selling the 5 and the 3T - looks like they are at good deals now; given the holidays are around the corner!

Though the 3T is an excellent device, I recommend going with the 5 - it is newer and will have a longer shelf life. Amazon has accessories for both of these phones, as well! :)
Found a 3T for 250$ not bad for oreo updated device, might pull the trigger, and it's also a dualsim no more canadian and us phone to carry

britishrocco

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

Found a 3T for 250$ not bad for an oreo updated device, might pull the trigger, and it's also a dualsim no more canadian and us phone to carry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol