quick how to on how to use samsung pay, at the gas pump

Boosted Veteran

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
I thought id make a quick tutorial on how to use samsung pay at the pump as ive seen some people not knowing how to make it work. will try to make it as easy to read as possible.

how the readers at the pumps work is there is a little pressure switch at the back that initiates the card reader to turn on and read your card ( at least to my knowledge thats how they work) this is why you need to use a card that does not have a magnetic strip on it or it will try to read that card and will not allow you to use your samsung pay because it will be reading the info from the magnetic strip on the card you inserted.

Read all instructions before attempting.

Things you will need to do this
1: some card with no magnetic strip, this will allow the card reader to turn on and start accepting your card info from your phone
( i use my ID, any cc sized card without a mag strip will work though)

2: a phone able to use samsung pay

3: a pay at the pump gas pump lol

step 1: Get your card out and ready to use

step 2: get your samsung pay up and initiate the transaction. do whatever method of verification you have set to initiate the phone sending the data to the card reader

step 3: quickly insert your card into the card reader and pull it out just like you normally would with your CC, or if it is one that requires you to leave your card in then leave it in.

step 4: hold your phone up to said card reader so it sends the data to the reader

step 5: enjoy the reward points and the awesome feeling of being able to use your phone at the pump

Has worked for me everytime i have used this method and have it down pat to where it works everytime.

if you have any questions feel free to ask, also feel free to post any feedback and if this method has helped you achieve using samsung pay at the gas pump.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1