Here's a study from MobileMix. Stats are from April.

05-21-2011 02:45 AM
    Blackberry Torch? I didn't know it was popular.
    05-21-2011 12:40 PM
    Blackberry is still in 3rd place so this isn't surprising
    05-21-2011 07:33 PM
    What I find funny is the top Android phone on here dosent run pure Android. So its quite shocking to see the evo as number three and not the nexus line. Did the Evo do that well with the average consumers?
    05-22-2011 04:49 PM
    What I find funny is the top Android phone on here dosent run pure Android. So its quite shocking to see the evo as number three and not the nexus line. Did the Evo do that well with the average consumers?
    The EVO was an extremely hot product for Sprint. For most of the summer in 2010 it was nearly impossible to find without getting on a waiting list. It continues to sell well into 2011.
    05-22-2011 05:15 PM
    Oh I didn't mean anything negative about the evo I was just under the assumption that Samsung offerings where the better sellers in the Android world.
    05-22-2011 05:34 PM
    @Evo He wasn't responding in a negative way, just informing. Samsung in the past has had issues with keeping phones up to date and releasing a good product. Don't get me wrong, the screen display and hardware that Samsung is pushing is great. HTC has been pushing excellent devices and the Evo helped push HTC to the top. People were waiting for a 4G phone and wanted to be one of the first to get on the newest technology grappled with a high spec device.

Samsung and Motorola are not too far behind as both companies have learned from the past and are pushing out better devices. This is good for the consumers, because we'll have may excellent choices for all carriers.
    05-22-2011 07:28 PM
    The problem with Samsung is they release a phone and then they release another a month later and forget about the older one right away.
    05-22-2011 08:23 PM
    Nice to see that my Droid Incredible on the list, but sad to see that there isn't a pure Google device on the list. I wish there was more of a demand for vanilla Android so all the major carriers (I'm looking at you, Verizon) would carry the latest Nexus phone at the very least.
    05-22-2011 09:09 PM
    Interesting that they lump all the iPhones and Bolds/Curves together (phones that have been coming out in different and upgraded models for almost 4 years) and yet have the Droid 2 and Milestone 2 as different phones, even though they're the same except for the carrier (not to mention the OG Droid is listed separately). Definitely skews the results (iPhone wouldn't be 15% higher, Droid series would be at least 3rd).
    05-22-2011 09:30 PM
    Nice to see that my Droid Incredible on the list, but sad to see that there isn't a pure Google device on the list. I wish there was more of a demand for vanilla Android so all the major carriers (I'm looking at you, Verizon) would carry the latest Nexus phone at the very least.
    The samsung nexus s is the pure google phone. Doesn't get any purer than that.
    05-22-2011 09:31 PM
    The samsung nexus s is the pure google phone. Doesn't get any purer than that.
    Very true. I would love to have a Nexus S of my own, but there are already rumors about the next Nexus phone floating around out there so I'm going to wait and see of the next Nexus phone (Nexus Three?) comes to Verizon.*crosses fingers*
    05-22-2011 11:37 PM
    I like how they breakout the Android phones cuz it shows that people still want phones with keyboards =0p. More Droids!
    05-27-2011 03:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD