Using a phone without a case?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I wouldn't use a phone without a case, not these ones that are upwards of $700 - 900 a piece. My cases have saved my phone a few times and they keep it from getting knicked up. My Note is far too slippery without a case, though the black looks fantastic without one. Sometimes I'll have it out for a few minutes if I'm not up and about. I'm very protective of my devices.

DsM

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Had alot of phones and upon termination they all looked brand new. Currently favor Case-Mate black leather folio with naked screen.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
If you want to sell your "old" flagship, then using a case is a MUST! But if you just buy mid-range/low end phones then not using a case makes more sense.

Byrese

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
If you want to sell your "old" flagship, then using a case is a MUST! But if you just buy mid-range/low end phones then not using a case makes more sense.
So true! And I'm always selling phones. Back when I was a Windows Phone fanboy those phones didn't need a case though. They we're tough and had a unique body that REALLY didn't need a case. The Lumia 1520...now that was a phone!

Last edited:

rocknrollover

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
I wouldn't use a phone without a case, not these ones that are upwards of $700 - 900 a piece. My cases have saved my phone a few times and they keep it from getting knicked up. My Note is far too slippery without a case, though the black looks fantastic without one. Sometimes I'll have it out for a few minutes if I'm not up and about. I'm very protective of my devices.

Agreed I always use a case.

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Just my personal opinion...I have always used a case on my phone.

Personally I have never used those really large bulky cases, but I do typically use a hard clear shell cases. And just like other have mentioned, the case has helped save my phone from scratchs and dings.

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I prefer a case.
Usually very light thin shells.
For me bare phones are very difficult to hang on to...so a case is needed.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
How do you like the V30

My previous phone was the LG G4. It finally boot-looped after 2.4 years; ran great until then.

I love the V30. Runs fast; good camera; great sound system + a wired headphone jack. Lots of storage space + an SD card. Nice screen, good battery life. Great looks without a case.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
My previous phone was the LG G4. It finally boot-looped after 2.4 years; ran great until then.

I love the V30. Runs fast; good camera; great sound system + a wired headphone jack. Lots of storage space + an SD card. Nice screen, good battery life. Great looks without a case.
Nice

TennisGuy45

Sep 20, 2017
Visit site
S8 Plus here.

No case, first time ever.

I had been using cases but with the rounded corners and screen protectors it just got old.
Tired of making my nice slim phone feel thick and bulky.
Slim protectors are decent.

So for about 2 months now I've gone with just a skin on the back and a screen protector on front.
Love the feeling.
Wont go back to a case.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
A good read. While I agree that slapping a case on a phone can certainly devoid it of its overall elegance; I'd rather risk a bit of that than drop it and have it not be even slightly protected.

However, I try and meet this gap halfway by buying clear and/or thinner cases for my phones; to provide some kind of shock absorption while also still preserving most of the weight, look, and feel of the phone.

Plus, I'm too clumsy to not be without a case and tempered glass screen protector. Heck, I bang myself and my phone into walls/doors while listening to music; and my phone seems to be more slippery these days... Or I'm just more tired and so it falls for that reason. 🤣

Byrese

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
S8 Plus here.

No case, first time ever.

I had been using cases but with the rounded corners and screen protectors it just got old.
Tired of making my nice slim phone feel thick and bulky.
Slim protectors are decent.

So for about 2 months now I've gone with just a skin on the back and a screen protector on front.
Love the feeling.
Wont go back to a case.
Yeah...I think a skin is the way to go. If I can find one for my Mate 9 I'd get it.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I use a thin case, probably drop the phone 3-4 times a week, not infatuated with it so I don't coddle it. Thing is, I work construction and it takes a beating, I've never had one of those bulky cases...ever, and I've never broken a thing on any of my phones...they've all gone the distance. That's enough of a beta test for me...thin case for me going forward too.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I use a thin case, probably drop the phone 3-4 times a week, not infatuated with it so I don't coddle it. Thing is, I work construction and it takes a beating, I've never had one of those bulky cases...ever, and I've never broken a thing on any of my phones...they've all gone the distance. That's enough of a beta test for me...thin case for me going forward too.

Sounds like you have good luck with your phones - that's great! Sometimes (and I say this because I'm guilty of it!), I think some of us coddle our phones so much that that is why things happen to them (reverse psychology at its finest!).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2