I've always liked the Nokia brand, although HMD's resurrection has been imperfect last year. Sure, the phones were solid and ran close-to-stock Android and has received fairly regular patches in a consistent manner, but they were lacking, especially in terms of design and performance (for the 3, 5 and 6).

This year could be different, and even though the 8 Sirocco is the higher-end device, I think the winner was the 7+.

It's probably around $399 (once you remove the tax equation from the 399 Euro pricetag), looks pretty modern, has a pretty good SD660 paired with 4GB of memory, Android Oreo out of the box (meaning Treble support), and a really big battery.

I don't think the Android One tag means much but if HMD keeps the updates up, maybe, just maybe, it might end up in my pocket.
    02-27-2018 10:07 AM
    It's probably around $399 (once you remove the tax equation from the 399 Euro pricetag), looks pretty modern, has a pretty good SD660 paired with 4GB of memory, Android Oreo out of the box (meaning Treble support), and a really big battery.

I don't think the Android One tag means much but if HMD keeps the updates up, maybe, just maybe, it might end up in my pocket.
    Yeah, so much this. The 7+ is the sweet spot for me. The 8 Siricco is appealing but what holds it back for me is the ergonomics seem underwhelming and there's no headphone jack. The Nokia 7+ looks promising and would be a nice upgrade to my Moto G5+, things like USB type C, Oreo update out the box, using the Snapdragon 660, bigger screen, and better camera. If not, the Nokia 6 would make a modest update as well. Just really can't wait til they come to the U.S, I've been looking for a company that I can go to while still retaining vanilla Android (moving away from Moto) and this is it!
    03-01-2018 11:39 AM
    Yeah, so much this. The 7+ is the sweet spot for me. The 8 Siricco is appealing but what holds it back for me is the ergonomics seem underwhelming and there's no headphone jack. The Nokia 7+ looks promising and would be a nice upgrade to my Moto G5+, things like USB type C, Oreo update out the box, using the Snapdragon 660, bigger screen, and better camera. If not, the Nokia 6 would make a modest update as well. Just really can't wait til they come to the U.S, I've been looking for a company that I can go to while still retaining vanilla Android (moving away from Moto) and this is it!
    Yep. I just hope they keep up with the patches as they've done over the past year.
    03-02-2018 01:24 AM
    Wow! Both the 7+ and 8 look amazing! Blahhh I'd think about going to Nokia (I too love the brand) if I hadn't already invested in Pixel 2 accessories!
    03-03-2018 11:48 AM