Do you think that Google should add entry-level and mid-range phones to their Pixel lineup (or to a new lineup dedicated to such phones)? Would users (and Google) benefit from such phones and would it affect the adoption rate of new Android versions, since Google updates their phones faster than other OEMs?
    03-03-2018 08:19 PM
    Well, they are in a sense... Google appears as though it's going to really develop the Go line, which are in a sense baby Nexus phones... And let OEMs market phones that follow that program. And we are seeing the Go line expand into mid range phones. Between that and changes to Android that encourage OEMs to enhance the OS rather than replace (break) core stuff, Google may not see it as necessary.

Remember, Google is a services company much not than a hardware company. With phones, they aim to lead by example rather than dominate.
    03-03-2018 11:44 PM
    I think it would be cool, but I kind of like the notion that Google just puts out two "main" phones for us to look at: a regular Pixel or Google phone and then the XL version. It makes things way less confusing. Though I love manufacturers like Motorola and Nokia, they very often pull out so many different kinds of phones in a year that my head spins when I try to look through them all to see which one(s) I like best.
    mr_master and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-04-2018 04:02 PM
    It seems to me that three versions would be right: small, medium and large. Medium and large we've got, but for small, I had to go iPhone SE, since for my preferences, the number of small Pixels and other Androids available is more-or-less zero. In fact, it's exactly zero.
    03-07-2018 07:00 PM
    It seems to me that three versions would be right: small, medium and large. Medium and large we've got, but for small, I had to go iPhone SE, since for my preferences, the number of small Pixels and other Androids available is more-or-less zero. In fact, it's exactly zero.
    I agree! I too wanted a small phone as an upgrade and there was nothing available. All the phones that met my criterion were at the six inch mark (V30, OnePlus 5T, Pixel 2 XL)... It was kind of frustrating; because with my small hands, I knew I'd have trouble and would have always been afraid to drop them. So I decided on the smaller Pixel 2.

It would be nice if smaller phones entered the phone market again.
    belodion likes this.
    03-09-2018 07:36 AM
    Nokia is going Android One/Go. So basically if you want a non flagship Pixel, go for a mid range Nokia.
    03-09-2018 07:43 AM