Contract Carriers need retooling

Vlosaloty

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I have not been in a contract for about 3 years and while I am missing it somewhat just cause I do like to get new phones just about every year and it gets expensive to buy it outright but its also so damn expensive to even buy on contract. They seriously need to get rid of maybe the access charge and just charge you by the plan and the amount your phone may cost you in the contract. I seriously looked at ATT earlier and my bill came up to 160.00 before taxes and I pay like 98 and some change for 2 phones 10gb on each phone from straight talk. Absolutely insane pricing if you ask me.

Does anyone happen to know if they are going to retool the pricing anytime soon or is this here to stay for the next 5 to 10 years? I would love to hear all your thoughts on this situation as well or maybe your thoughts on what they should do with the pricing?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Pretty much everyone has gone to account/data amount, each line, and the device payment.

AT&T's lower Unlimited Choice Enhanced probably lines up better with your current Straight Talk plan ($120 vs. $100).

Vlosaloty

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Might have to look that back over. Just from what ive seen today after i left i cant imagine going back and paying an extra 50-75 more dollars. ive saved alot since ive left

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Might have to look that back over. Just from what ive seen today after i left i cant imagine going back and paying an extra 50-75 more dollars. ive saved alot since ive left

If you're saving a lot, including factoring in your device costs, no need to look back.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I have not been in a contract for about 3 years and while I am missing it somewhat just cause I do like to get new phones just about every year and it gets expensive to buy it outright but its also so damn expensive to even buy on contract. They seriously need to get rid of maybe the access charge and just charge you by the plan and the amount your phone may cost you in the contract. I seriously looked at ATT earlier and my bill came up to 160.00 before taxes and I pay like 98 and some change for 2 phones 10gb on each phone from straight talk. Absolutely insane pricing if you ask me.

Does anyone happen to know if they are going to retool the pricing anytime soon or is this here to stay for the next 5 to 10 years? I would love to hear all your thoughts on this situation as well or maybe your thoughts on what they should do with the pricing?

People on the main network get priority -- you pay for that with higher prices versus a MVNO (like Straight Talk).

The carriers have it built for bigger plans to get the better deals. I have 9 lines. My personal line that I pay for that on that is $33 a month -- taxes and all. That is unlimited talk/txt/data w/ 15 GB of hotspot on Verizon (directly).

That was the problem I always had when I was a single line. Single / Duo lines really get kind of shafted when it comes to pricing for carrier plans. BTW -- Is your plan work for you now? If so I wouldn't consider switching. No real reason to do it.

Vlosaloty

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
That was the problem I always had when I was a single line. Single / Duo lines really get kind of shafted when it comes to pricing for carrier plans. BTW -- Is your plan work for you now? If so I wouldn't consider switching. No real reason to do it.

Oh i totally agree with you right there. I only really need 1-3 lines max but usually just 2 but hard to find any good to great deals besides on MVNO plans