I have a Nexus 6 bought in November 2014.
    Its battery is dying.
    On normal usage it goes from 100% to 15% in 15 to 20 hours. Also it lags a lot.
    So I have started using it in all time in power saving mode.
    Also I go to Developer Mode -> Running Services and stop any unnecessary running services (which usually included multiple unnecessary services from ES Explorer and ShareIt and some other apps).
    This improved performance considerably (even in powersaving mode).
    Also I am able to stretch its battery life to more than 1 day. Many times it goes from 100% to 30% in 24 hours.

I contacted moto center and they said they can provide battery replacement in 2500 INR.
    My question is whether its worth to get battery replaced.

In 11999 INR, I can buy Redmi Note 4 Pro.
    Which has
    more battery (4000 mAh vs 3220 mAh),
    bigger screen (5.99" vs 5.96"),
    better processor (octa core 2 GHz vs quad core 2 GHz)
    more RAM (4 GB vs 3 GB)

Nexus 6 vs Redmi note 4 pro

So does it makes sense to replace battery of my Nexus 6?
    05-25-2018 07:37 AM
    I have an even older Nexus 5 and if the battery were giving trouble - it isn’t - I’d certainly replace it myself. Are you sure it’s the battery that’s failing and not just the things on the phone that are using the battery?
    05-25-2018 08:20 AM
    Earlier battery used to be better. Now it drains fast, even with lesser number of apps. Recently I factory reset my Nexus 6 and installed only essential apps. I believe it must be some processes which must be consuming battery in non power saving mode (as in power saving mode, it used to extend for more than 1 day). Now I have to keep tap on Developer Options > Running services screen by keep mobile in normal (not power saving) mode, in order to know what more processes run when not in power saving mode.

But do you mean that I need not change the battery and it must be ok. But batteries used to die over time. And I dont think I installed any new app after factory reset to make the battery discharge fast. I only installed some of earlier apps. Earlier it used to give good battery backup even in non power saving mode.
    05-25-2018 03:44 PM
    If you know for sure that it is indeed the battery that is causing you the issue - and it's not a software problem - and you know you will make use of the phone, then go for it!
    belodion likes this.
    05-25-2018 05:06 PM