Is it just me that feels incredibly uneasy about the fact that this was even a thing? My unease lies in the fact that MY use of Google services has helped them develop ai technology and they have been using that to aid the American military. I'm not ok with that, im not ok with many of reasons why nations go to war or choose to take lives. I don't want to debate the ethics of that, we are all entitled to different views. However, am I the only one that feels had I known that Google would take this direction they would have avoided using their services?
    06-02-2018 08:19 AM
    My unease lies in the fact that MY use of Google services has helped them develop ai technology and they have been using that to aid the American military.
    Not sure what you mean by that... If this post is regarding the whole Project Maven thing, the software the DoD implemented is open source.

If you have issues with the private sector, in general, working with governments or the military. Major technology companies work with them all the time. As an example..

https://enterprise.microsoft.com/en-...y-and-defense/
    06-02-2018 09:29 AM
    Is it just me that feels incredibly uneasy about the fact that this was even a thing? My unease lies in the fact that MY use of Google services has helped them develop ai technology and they have been using that to aid the American military. I'm not ok with that, im not ok with many of reasons why nations go to war or choose to take lives. I don't want to debate the ethics of that, we are all entitled to different views. However, am I the only one that feels had I known that Google would take this direction they would have avoided using their services?
    You’d have to live off the grid in Antarctica in reality.
    06-02-2018 11:23 AM