I'm not going to lie. I really love the Apple music app on my iPhone.

steelrain82

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I really love the Apple music app on my iPhone. I think this is the one thing that I would really like to go back to apple for. While most of my family are android converts and I came over with the Galaxy note, I always miss my iTunes/music app. I think it's more for my music and just the overall cleanliness and function of the iPhone app. I love my Pixel, and android, but that stupid app keeps me going back to my iPhone as a music player. My wife is an Apple phone die hard so she only buys music on that platform. I just don't want to spend that kind $10 on a monthly fee to listen to my music.

Wbutchart

May 27, 2016
Visit site
It's because the app also includes their apple music subscription. So I really would be paying for that. But I don't really care for subscription plans when I can get other streaming apps for free.
Go to google play search Apple Music, download and log in with your Apple ID.

Apple Music is one of the few Apple services that works really well on android. I have it on my Samsung and it works fine. It is included in your Apple subscription, no extra cost for using Apple Music on android.

steelrain82

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Go to google play search Apple Music, download and log in with your Apple ID.

Apple Music is one of the few Apple services that works really well on android. I have it on my Samsung and it works fine. It is included in your Apple subscription, no extra cost for using Apple Music on android.

I did that. I don't have a subscription. I just wish it would allow me to access my music without one. As well as use the music player. My wife continually buys new music through iTunes. So I am continually having to transfer new music to Google play. I don't want to have to pay to listen to music I already own.

However, I tried the Google play music app on my iPhone. And it's world's apart from the android version. They need to bring that clean iOS version to android.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
This is why I am still an iPhone user as well as an Android user. I prefer to use my iPhone in the car for music whether it's through bluetooth or having my phone connected through a cable and used in iPod mode and there are differences in the two. I've never bought music through the play store and only through iTunes.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I did that. I don't have a subscription. I just wish it would allow me to access my music without one. As well as use the music player. My wife continually buys new music through iTunes. So I am continually having to transfer new music to Google play. I don't want to have to pay to listen to music I already own.

However, I tried the Google play music app on my iPhone. And it's world's apart from the android version. They need to bring that clean iOS version to android.

Isn't the iTunes music not DRM protected anymore? You can use them on any player now. No need for Apple Music? Right?

anon(10388027)

Jan 4, 2018
Visit site
Weird discussion...

Guilty as charged, I once bought an Apple 4S... And lots of music... Uploaded all my cd's, etc...

I moved to Android.

Along came iTunes to Android, it's called 'Apple Music'.

You can access your entire iTunes music collection, buy more, etc... At no extra charge using the Android Apple Music app.

The only problem with the Android Apple Music app is you can not access podcasts. A smaller issue is menu's showing downloaded content are a bit slow to load.

I eventually tried Google Play Music and loved it. I buy the monthly subscription.

I let my Apple iTunes account expire. Purchased music has little value. Everything from my collection was available on Google Play.

Cheers

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Weird discussion...

Guilty as charged, I once bought an Apple 4S... And lots of music... Uploaded all my cd's, etc...

I moved to Android.

Along came iTunes to Android, it's called 'Apple Music'.

You can access your entire iTunes music collection, buy more, etc... At no extra charge using the Android Apple Music app.

The only problem with the Android Apple Music app is you can not access podcasts. A smaller issue is menu's showing downloaded content are a bit slow to load.

I eventually tried Google Play Music and loved it. I buy the monthly subscription.

I let my Apple iTunes account expire. Purchased music has little value. Everything from my collection was available on Google Play.

Cheers

That's an awesome way to do things!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Tried Apple music. It wasn't bad but saw no reason to swap from my Google Play Music subscription.

I can use GPM / YouTube Music on any platform (Android, PC, iPhone), I get YouTube Red as well, and I get family plan pricing.

All good for me.

anon(10388027)

Jan 4, 2018
Visit site
As I wrote... No podcast ability on Apple Music in 🇨🇦, so I stopped using it.

There is no difference in music quality bwtween itunes and Google Play... If there is, I can't hear it.

anon(10388027)

Jan 4, 2018
Visit site
You can pay a relatively small fee to keep all your uploaded music in the Apple cloud, or just pay the $9.99 monthly subscription.

The guy said he doesn't have an interest in access to pretty much everything ever recorded or all new releases...

Personally, I thinknits like like stealing, paying $9.99 monthly... But all good. We aren't all the same.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
You can pay a relatively small fee to keep all your uploaded music in the Apple cloud, or just pay the $9.99 monthly subscription.

The guy said he doesn't have an interest in access to pretty much everything ever recorded or all new releases...

Personally, I thinknits like like stealing, paying $9.99 monthly... But all good. We aren't all the same.

$2.50 monthly for spotify single account and $5 for a family account, vs $9.99 That's robbery.

KidAKidB

Jun 23, 2018
Visit site

Yeah, $9.99 a month for a virtually unlimited music library is an amazing deal. I remember back in the 90s/early 2000s spending $100+ every Saturday on buying CDs just to keep hearing new music. So to me $10 a month is an absolute bargain deal. (I still buy vinyl but only for the albums I love)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance