What do you do with your old phone?

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Usually I get the latest galaxy phone, keep the current as spare and give the previous one to someone less fortunate than I.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Just imagine if I kept every phone I've ever had. lol

BlackBerry Bold 9000 and 4 more afterwards. (5)

I had ONE Windows phone (lol, sorry) the Samsung ATIV S. (1)

Every iPhone starting with the 3GS, except for the X. I'm currently using the 64GB Gold XS. (17)

I can't remember my first android, I think it was the hTc Droid? I pretty had every Samsung S & Note series, I only missed 2-3. I'll just say (21)

hTc. I know I bought the One 7 twice, skipped on the One 9 and had a few more. (7)

LG. Started with the G3, android central awarded me the G4 (thank you very much). I remember buying it again because of great deal. I know I skipped the the G5 and G7 but got the G7 One. As for the V series, only had the V20. (7)

Google. I had three two nexus and the overpriced Pixel XL that I regretted buying. (3)

Huawei. The P10+ and my current P20 Pro Twilight. (2)

OnePlus. Started with the 3 and four more. I would've bought the 6T but the Silk White didn't make it back. (5)

I know I was in the bathroom when I started replying and ended up looking back. LOL

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Currently using the Pixel 2xl as my daily phone. I'll usually keep one as a backup (Pixel 2) and another older phone as just a media device (5.5" Alcatel idol 3). The idol 3 is mostly used as a portable speaker since it has really good front firing speakers. The rest are sold on Craigslist or given to someone that needs a phone.

gbsa850

Apr 29, 2019
Visit site
Just gave 2 to family members, use one as a security camera in the hotel when traveling. Another two as back ups for my husband and I. The last one I use with Square and PayPal here to take charges at events I participate in. Oh also gave another 2 away to my daughter and her husband.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I keep my phones for so long that when I upgrade my old phone is worthless..... nobody wants them. So into the drawer of old memories they go, pictures and texts included ;-)

I take extremely good care of my phones though, so they always look like new. Maybe they'll be collectors items some day lol.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I keep my phones for so long that when I upgrade my old phone is worthless..... nobody wants them. So into the drawer of old memories they go, pictures and texts included ;-)

I take extremely good care of my phones though, so they always look like new. Maybe they'll be collectors items some day lol.

What kind of phones are in your "memory drawer"? I have an LG G3 and an Honor 8! 😁

Ali Tuna

Sep 11, 2019
Visit site
I use my old galaxy as an alarm clock. That way I can leave my work & personal devices in the other room on their chargers. Plus I'm clinging to bedside mode.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I use my old galaxy as an alarm clock. That way I can leave my work & personal devices in the other room on their chargers. Plus I'm clinging to bedside mode.

That's a really good idea; especially since having electronics in the bedroom is apparently not a good idea for sleeping purposes.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
For the first time, I held onto my old phone when upgrading to the Pixel 3a XL. I still have my LG G6 in the box. It's still in very good shape, but I thought it was better for me to keep as a backup than to sell it. Wouldn't have gotten much for it, I'm pretty sure

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
For the first time, I held onto my old phone when upgrading to the Pixel 3a XL. I still have my LG G6 in the box. It's still in very good shape, but I thought it was better for me to keep as a backup than to sell it. Wouldn't have gotten much for it, I'm pretty sure

That was very smart of you keep your LG G6. Having your old phone as backup is a really good idea! How did you like your G6? I've always wanted one! Even now! Haha.