Thinking back on htc

odd1ne

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Was thinking about the troubles they where in earlier and I started to think of the old HTC desire the original one which was released on 2.1. With the clock as the widget when you unlocked the phone and it was raining you got some virtual window wipers or when it thundered you got a lightening bolt. Only like a 2-3 second animation but I miss that I wished I could get an app which did this still.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
What an amazing feature to have on a phone! A "bell* or "whistle" I suppose, but awesome nonetheless! My LG G3 had a similar animation when you turned on the lockscreen - it would snow or rain depending on the weather; and even add a touch of lightning for good measure. I hadn't thought about that feature until now - I miss it! It'd be cool if it got implemented into Android P or future updates.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I was also a big fan of that widget, I remember looking endlessly for replicas like it in what was known as Android Market back then fory Sony Ericsson X10 back in 2010.

HTC had a fantastic UI, I remember nearly buying a HTC Sensation XE, due to the fantastic UI and awesome widgets, as well as the quality hardware it brought.

Very unfortunate what happened to them, they are now a mere shadow of themselves.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I was also a big fan of that widget, I remember looking endlessly for replicas like it in what was known as Android Market back then fory Sony Ericsson X10 back in 2010.

HTC had a fantastic UI, I remember nearly buying a HTC Sensation XE, due to the fantastic UI and awesome widgets, as well as the quality hardware it brought.

Very unfortunate what happened to them, they are now a mere shadow of themselves.

I've always wanted an HTC phone. I'm hoping they will make a turnaround.

GuidZilla

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Ah, the old HTC widgets. I remember being jealous of those when my wife got her Incredible(upgraded from an Eris). Meanwhile I was on my OG Droid. I think it was Beautiful Widgets or something that managed to pretty well copy the HTC stuff tho.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I loved my HTC Droid incredible and even liked the Verizon exclusive Droid DNA which was a beast of a phone for it's day.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz