I know I am not the only one that gets a "Warning you Video player is outdated. Please download Video Player." I tried everyway to stop this annoying message by clearing cache, turning off notifications on Google Play, etc but it keeps coming back.

Anyone know what we can do, who to complain to?
    09-19-2018 06:57 PM
    Which phone?
    Which version of android?
    Which carrier?
    Which video player app?

The first thing I would do is install a different video player app. At the moment I like "VLC".
    09-20-2018 04:09 PM
    I have a LG v30 with AT&T running Oreo. I don't have the video player app on my phone, but I got him a verbal message that I need to update my video player and it pushes Google store on my screen with their app showing up to download
    09-21-2018 07:06 AM
    I know I am not the only one that gets a "Warning you Video player is outdated. Please download Video Player." I tried everyway to stop this annoying message by clearing cache, turning off notifications on Google Play, etc but it keeps coming back.

Anyone know what we can do, who to complain to?
    Been having the same issue on a moto x4.

Any chance you are a Slickdeals user? I'm not AT ALL certain about the connection, and I don't have the technical skills to confirm or test the hypothesis, but the video player audible warning seems to go off and send me to the play store when I leave a chrome tab on the Slickdeals site.
    09-21-2018 03:47 PM
    I had the same exact issue. Narrowed it down to google chrome. Deleted that SOB intalled Opera Browser Mini and no more annoying robot voice.

Tested it in chrome every time I tried to stream a video that robot voice came up and Google play opens up telling me to download the video player "which I did not"

Then in Opera Mini went to same video. Streamed it, voice never popped up.

It's definitely Google chrome....
    09-21-2018 06:01 PM
    Same issue. New Asus Zenfone Pro 8.1.0 with a lot of ootb bloatware. Downloaded VLC. Using Chrome browser. No specific site.

Audible warning and redirect to google play store to install the video player app
    09-21-2018 11:32 PM
    Installing VLC Doesn't work..
    09-21-2018 11:34 PM
    Given the progression of this thread, you folk either have adware on your phone feeding you these bogus update warnings or you are visiting web sites that are feeding you these bogus ads.
    09-22-2018 11:10 PM
    Given the progression of this thread, you folk either have adware on your phone feeding you these bogus update warnings or you are visiting web sites that are feeding you these bogus ads.
    My thinking exactly. Chrome does not push ads like this. That doesn't mean a site can't have suspicious ads on it that other browsers are filtering out. That it's happening on Chrome is a symptom, not the root problem.
    09-22-2018 11:19 PM
    I agree. Still interested in figuring out which site this originates from though.

Here's the Google play link that auto opens:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...deoplayer.free
    09-23-2018 06:07 PM
    Don't download! I just got this ad from a reddit video. Most websites that provide video content don't require you to download a plug in, not even on a desktop these days. It's also fishy since most videos don't open to a external video player either unless its youtube or twitch which you'd need to have installed in the first place.
    10-05-2018 12:29 PM
    What website is this coming from I have never seen this ever on Android
    10-05-2018 01:53 PM
    For mine, it pops up when on Yahoo not every time though. I use chrome beta on a LG v30.
    10-08-2018 10:04 PM