Anyone else got Google Music and Books showing on their UK android phones?

chaz_uk

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I just managed to install both the Google Books and Music apps after they showed as updates on my UK Nexus S (on Orange).

The pages weren't available to view the apps so did a long press and hold on the update entry and selected update.

Has anyone else got them showing as an update on their UK phones in the market?

EDIT: Not showing up on my Blade or Xoom. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Grimmy

glittergirlnz

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I take that back...I just plugged my Nexus S into my laptop and when I unplugged the device it told me Google Books had installed.... weird because I didnt do anything and couldnt find it listed in the Market.

chaz_uk

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I take that back...I just plugged my Nexus S into my laptop and when I unplugged the device it told me Google Books had installed.... weird because I didnt do anything and couldnt find it listed in the Market.
Now that is interesting! Hopefully it means something is Europe bound. :)

Mr Jaggy

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I got both books and music today from the market after they showed up as updates. Music seems to be just a slightly different music player app for playing music already on the phone. There doesn't seem to be any cloud or new features. Books comes with a couple of free classic titles.

I've got a Nexus S on UK T-Mobile.

Grimmy

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
My Nexus S (purchased from CPW with a VodafoneUK sim) is showing that Google Books is an available update in the market, but if I tap on it it says that it's not available (like what usually happens if you click a link to something that is not available in your country).

Edit: After re-reading the first post, I went back to the market to try the long-press and update from the menu and books was already installed now.... also noticed I had music, which said page not available, but tried the long-press and update and it is now installing.

Last edited:

chaz_uk

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
My Nexus S (purchased from CPW with a VodafoneUK sim) is showing that Google Books is an available update in the market, but if I tap on it it says that it's not available (like what usually happens if you click a link to something that is not available in your country).

Do a long press on the update entry and you'll have a pop up menu where you can select "update". This was how I installed Music and Books. :)

Reactions: Grimmy

Grimmy

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, thanks - I'd already re-read your post properly :)

Still can't sign up for Google Music, but the app is installed...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781