I just managed to install both the Google Books and Music apps after they showed as updates on my UK Nexus S (on Orange).

The pages weren't available to view the apps so did a long press and hold on the update entry and selected update.

Has anyone else got them showing as an update on their UK phones in the market?

EDIT: Not showing up on my Blade or Xoom.
    Grimmy likes this.
    06-07-2011 06:28 AM
    I dont have either listed on my Nexus S or my Galaxy S2
    06-07-2011 08:13 AM
    I take that back...I just plugged my Nexus S into my laptop and when I unplugged the device it told me Google Books had installed.... weird because I didnt do anything and couldnt find it listed in the Market.
    06-07-2011 09:11 AM
    I take that back...I just plugged my Nexus S into my laptop and when I unplugged the device it told me Google Books had installed.... weird because I didnt do anything and couldnt find it listed in the Market.
    Now that is interesting! Hopefully it means something is Europe bound.
    06-07-2011 09:26 AM
    It was downloaded automatically for me for some reason on a Desire HD with cyanogen 7 on it.
    06-07-2011 04:10 PM
    I got both books and music today from the market after they showed up as updates. Music seems to be just a slightly different music player app for playing music already on the phone. There doesn't seem to be any cloud or new features. Books comes with a couple of free classic titles.

I've got a Nexus S on UK T-Mobile.
    06-07-2011 04:12 PM
    My Nexus S (purchased from CPW with a VodafoneUK sim) is showing that Google Books is an available update in the market, but if I tap on it it says that it's not available (like what usually happens if you click a link to something that is not available in your country).

Edit: After re-reading the first post, I went back to the market to try the long-press and update from the menu and books was already installed now.... also noticed I had music, which said page not available, but tried the long-press and update and it is now installing.
    06-08-2011 01:32 AM
    My Nexus S (purchased from CPW with a VodafoneUK sim) is showing that Google Books is an available update in the market, but if I tap on it it says that it's not available (like what usually happens if you click a link to something that is not available in your country).
    Do a long press on the update entry and you'll have a pop up menu where you can select "update". This was how I installed Music and Books.
    Grimmy likes this.
    06-08-2011 01:36 AM
    Yeah, thanks - I'd already re-read your post properly

Still can't sign up for Google Music, but the app is installed...
    06-08-2011 01:42 AM
    Not on my Desire - Running Devnull
    06-08-2011 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD