01-17-2019 07:41 AM
87 ... 234
tools
    I am currently using Redmi Mobile because its features are good, user-friendly and reasonable cost...
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    01-09-2019 04:19 AM
    I own a white 128GB iPhone XR. I hadn't upgraded sine the 6 edge and felt like a change. I read every article, watched every video on it before changing. And I couldn't be happier. Mean reason is its power and design.

It also gets insane battery life with its LCD and relatively low resolution. I wanted something that was practical also, and from which I would get 3-5 years out of it.Since being diagnosed with cancer, also I felt like treating myself.
    Morty2264 and Tsepz_GP like this.
    01-09-2019 11:36 AM
    I use a Galaxy S9 in lilac purple. I switched from the S7 to the S9, primarily because of the battery on the S7. The smaller sized phone is plenty big to me and the trade offs weren't worth it for the plus model. I actually get very good battery on my S9, so battery issues others documented have not impacted me. I would say I'm still averaging 5 hours SOT during my work days when I'm not on wifi. There were some days when I had 8 hours SOT on this phone, so Idk if I just got extremely lucky with my unit, but the battery has not been an issue at all for me. Even stand by is pretty good. The only time battery drains quickly is when I'm playing mobile games.

My favorite thing about the phone is the display. The display was great on the S7 too. Samsung displays just spoil me. I watch a fair amount of youtube videos on my phone, and the quality is just so good. I love the OLED panels, and I use dark mode for reddit and google maps lately and it looks great. I also love the stereo speakers.

Overall I've loved this phone and think Samsung has really stepped up their game. I don't even have any lag issues, which I have had on prior Samsung devices. I have set the phone to conduct weekly resets while I'm asleep so maybe that is helping. I've had the phone since its release so this is 9 months lag free and hopefully it stays that way. I would love to get an S10 but will probably stick with this until 2020. If its performance stays this good though, I really would have no reason to upgrade.

I sound like a Samsung fangirl, but I think most of the current flagships available are awesome phones and would make consumers very happy. I would love to be able to buy and use a bunch of different phones but instead I just try to mess around with my friends devices from different manufacturers.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    01-09-2019 01:11 PM
    I own a white 128GB iPhone XR. I hadn't upgraded sine the 6 edge and felt like a change. I read every article, watched every video on it before changing. And I couldn't be happier. Mean reason is its power and design.

It also gets insane battery life with its LCD and relatively low resolution. I wanted something that was practical also, and from which I would get 3-5 years out of it.Since being diagnosed with cancer, also I felt like treating myself.
    Happy Phone Week! I hope everything works out for you with your health... I am thinking of you.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    01-09-2019 01:12 PM

Congratulations on the phone, it's probably the best deal out of Apple's 2018 lineup! What colour did you get?

Wishing you all the best in terms of your health!
    01-10-2019 08:49 AM
    I use a Galaxy S9 in lilac purple. I switched from the S7 to the S9, primarily because of the battery on the S7. The smaller sized phone is plenty big to me and the trade offs weren't worth it for the plus model. I actually get very good battery on my S9, so battery issues others documented have not impacted me. I would say I'm still averaging 5 hours SOT during my work days when I'm not on wifi. There were some days when I had 8 hours SOT on this phone, so Idk if I just got extremely lucky with my unit, but the battery has not been an issue at all for me. Even stand by is pretty good. The only time battery drains quickly is when I'm playing mobile games.

My favorite thing about the phone is the display. The display was great on the S7 too. Samsung displays just spoil me. I watch a fair amount of youtube videos on my phone, and the quality is just so good. I love the OLED panels, and I use dark mode for reddit and google maps lately and it looks great. I also love the stereo speakers.

Overall I've loved this phone and think Samsung has really stepped up their game. I don't even have any lag issues, which I have had on prior Samsung devices. I have set the phone to conduct weekly resets while I'm asleep so maybe that is helping. I've had the phone since its release so this is 9 months lag free and hopefully it stays that way. I would love to get an S10 but will probably stick with this until 2020. If its performance stays this good though, I really would have no reason to upgrade.

I sound like a Samsung fangirl, but I think most of the current flagships available are awesome phones and would make consumers very happy. I would love to be able to buy and use a bunch of different phones but instead I just try to mess around with my friends devices from different manufacturers.
    Glad you are happy with your S9, and absolutely agreed, you literally cannot go wrong with any flagship these days, they are all so damn good at everything.

The S9 should be just fine for you until 2020, most of these phones are so futureproof that you could keep them for a good 2-3years without really needing to upgrade and just replacing the battery when needed.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    01-10-2019 09:02 AM
    I've been an HTC fan-boy since the Droid Incredible. It was my first smartphone and I picked it based on stats. It was the most impressive phone that year and I got it when it released after a lot of rumors and leaks. Since then I've found that HTC has had some of the best reviews, the years I've been in the market for a phone. This Phone is no different.

I have the HTC U12+ in transparent blue. I picked the 128GB unlocked model and, well, it only comes in blue.

I watched video reviews about its speed, screen, processor, its 4 cameras, booming speakers and the Samsung S9+ and LG G7 were both really giving it a run. The final deciding factors, and this will sound kind of funny probably, were a former bad experience with Sammy and the speakers were rated at a higher DB than the LG. I was going to get it all along but I thought I'd at least appear fair.

It's been an OK phone, the pictures are really good, the videos are really good, the feel, the look are very unique. This has been both a blessing and a curse. Everyone oohs and ahas over it but it has proven to be a very delicate phone. Broke the glass back and the screen in less then 3 months. The back was easy to get replaced the screen didn't exist. Got lucky and found one right after Christmas and just replaced it yesterday after 3 months of searching. I've been hearing a lot of bad things about HTC service and customer care and fear unless they really pull something out for next year this may be my last HTC. Honestly don't know where I'd go if that happens.
    milleniumdroid and Tsepz_GP like this.
    01-13-2019 03:33 AM
    I've been an HTC fan-boy since the Droid Incredible. It was my first smartphone and I picked it based on stats. It was the most impressive phone that year and I got it when it released after a lot of rumors and leaks. Since then I've found that HTC has had some of the best reviews, the years I've been in the market for a phone. This Phone is no different.

I have the HTC U12+ in transparent blue. I picked the 128GB unlocked model and, well, it only comes in blue.

I watched video reviews about its speed, screen, processor, its 4 cameras, booming speakers and the Samsung S9+ and LG G7 were both really giving it a run. The final deciding factors, and this will sound kind of funny probably, were a former bad experience with Sammy and the speakers were rated at a higher DB than the LG. I was going to get it all along but I thought I'd at least appear fair.

It's been an OK phone, the pictures are really good, the videos are really good, the feel, the look are very unique. This has been both a blessing and a curse. Everyone oohs and ahas over it but it has proven to be a very delicate phone. Broke the glass back and the screen in less then 3 months. The back was easy to get replaced the screen didn't exist. Got lucky and found one right after Christmas and just replaced it yesterday after 3 months of searching. I've been hearing a lot of bad things about HTC service and customer care and fear unless they really pull something out for next year this may be my last HTC. Honestly don't know where I'd go if that happens.
    Glad you got the glass replaced. Sounds like it could've been a nightmare.
    01-13-2019 07:31 AM
    Great topic OP.

I chose to get a Blackberry Keyone Black Edition. Probably one of the more unlikely choices these days; but it fits my needs as well as my lifestyle. Also, I have had my fair share of blackberries from the Torch to the passport. So my device background also explains it lol.

I chose this device for several reasons. First and foremost, the keyboard. I am just way more productive with a pkb than a vkb. I have tried to join the vkb club a few times: BlackBerry Z10, Sony Z5 Premium, and Nexus 6P. Having typos on them just drove me crazy. When I went back to blackberry I chose the Priv because it had Android and a pkb. The performance of the Priv was intolerable; which is why I now have the Keyone BE. It feels like I'm back home now because I like this style of keyboard phone best anyway.

The second reason is productivity. I don't own any businesses nor am I a top level executive (hopefully one day in the future). I was a student. Typing out my school papers and doing my assignments with ease on my Keyone is the definition of productivity to me. My keyone definitely helped me through school.

The third reason is android. People can say what they want about android but I love it. I can get any app I want now without worrying about workarounds. I miss BB10 like the next blackberry user but the trade-offs work far more in the favor of android.

The features I like about the Keyone is the capacitive keyboard. I like the fact that I can use it to swipe to delete words and move the cursor. I also love the fingerprint sensor in the space bar. Genius feature. The convenience key is a great add too. I use it all the time.

I just have a simple TPU case on it that is clear on the back (to show off the blackberry logo I guess lol). It looks good one it. I've had the phone for a little over a year with this case and it is holding up well.

I am a fairly simple guy that is not feature hungry or needs the top flagship phone. I don't have any social media and I don't play a lot of games; but I do send and read emails daily, text, call, video chat, and like to keep up with sports. So I'll be good with this phone for a long while (unless it breaks or the Key3 is a knockout that I can't refuse lol)

P.S. the battery on this thing is fantastic. I have yet to kill it in one day with my usage. Not too many phones can do that for you.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    01-16-2019 10:20 PM
    I have an S7 as my personal device, and an iPhone 7 for work (not my choice - work supplied). Both perform fine, and can't fault either. These are about the largest size devices I'm willing to have 'in my pocket' at any time. Anything larger is just a nuisance. I am thinking about replacing the S7 for something new in the Android world - but currently undecided - as many handsets are bigger. I'm not a fan of Apple. Excellent technology but a crappy lifestyle results in adopting their use. Gimme freedom of choice any day.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    01-17-2019 05:04 AM
    I am currently using my OG Pixel (sailfish) I have been using near stock android phones only since 2013. I don't need a lot of bells and whistle's pre installed on my phone.

I have been using it alongside the iphone Xr lately
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    01-17-2019 06:03 AM
    My current line up (2 lines) consists of my Halo Grey Essential Ph1 and black Note 8. I just got the Note a while back mainly because I've missed the series since my old Note 2. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy writing notes or doodling when I'm bored. I also have an Xperia XZs in Ice Blue, LG G5 in Titan and Nokia Lumia 830 on W10 that I switch to occasionally. My Essential is in a Poetic slim case and matte screen protector while my Note has a dual texture Incipio case with clear film protector.
    I'm still eyeballing a Key2 LE to replace my Q10...
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    01-17-2019 07:41 AM
87 ... 234