Hi all,i have a S7 Galaxy and its great but i was looking to upgrade and i have read some bad remarks on the S8 and S9 mainly on the bad Battery.
    I only do a few calls a day say 3 for around 10mins each and browse a small amount and phone is always turned off at night,never use games and not even got one on phone.
    I need a good spec phone but battery for around 2 days as i can get from myS7 now.

Is the S8 or S9 the best out of these 2 or i have read about the P20pro but a few stuff missing like wireless charging etc.
    Any help would be great please.
    11-09-2018 04:18 AM
    If you want 32hrs SoT, look into a phone with a 13000mAh battery
    11-09-2018 06:55 AM
    Hi,as long as it can last 2 days and being off on the night which helps.
    Would the S8 or S9 last just as good as my S7 or worse being larger and stuff.
    11-09-2018 07:10 AM
    Hi,as long as it can last 2 days and being off on the night which helps.
    Would the S8 or S9 last just as good as my S7 or worse being larger and stuff.
    Based on my personal experience moving from an S7 Edge to an S9 with a smaller battery, they last almost exactly the same length. So I'd guess if you're coming from a smaller S7, the S9 would be an upgrade since the S7 Edge has 500mah more battery than the smaller S7.
    11-09-2018 07:53 AM
    I turn my phone off at night, run the battery between 40% and 80% (it's not easy replacing batteries these days), and get 2 days with light use - on a Pixel 2. I was a Samsung fan from the a500 in about 2003, but they've gone the way of everyone else, with the exception f Google. No updates, keep your hands out of the phone, tech support costs money, so let's keep ti as cheap as possible - so I went with the Pixel 2, had a few problems that tech support was really great with (If I still ran a tech support department, I'd have tried to hire some of these people away from Google) and I have no complaints or second thoughts.
    11-09-2018 01:08 PM
    A lot of places i read for reviews they seem to push me towards the S8 being not a lot of change in speed and things
    and also give it a better battery life and now cheaper to buy.
    I have had my S7 coming from a iphone 6s which at first was hard because of the operating system but would never turn back now.
    Would the S8 be a big change in speed/battery as im a 24hour carer at home a fast charge and holding charge it big things but still would like to try and keep with the high-ish spec on the phone,i do like Samsung and the S7 is my first.
    11-09-2018 11:12 PM
    Hi all,i have a S7 Galaxy and its great but i was looking to upgrade and i have read some bad remarks on the S8 and S9 mainly on the bad Battery.
    I only do a few calls a day say 3 for around 10mins each and browse a small amount and phone is always turned off at night,never use games and not even got one on phone.
    I need a good spec phone but battery for around 2 days as i can get from myS7 now.

Is the S8 or S9 the best out of these 2 or i have read about the P20pro but a few stuff missing like wireless charging etc.
    Any help would be great please.
    The Huawei Mate 20 Pro is the one to get, best battery so far, check out these battery tests and also Engadget review.

The Mate 20 Pro is also the fastest charging phone around, so when you do need to top up it will get it done in very little time

Here is Engadgets full review, it supports wireless charging as well, it has corrected e all that the P20 Pro was missing
    11-10-2018 05:55 AM
    I got the LG V30, I charge my phone like twice a week with light usage. Even with heavy issue I charge once every 1 to 2 days. LG has very similar menu system to Samsung. It's an 835 Qualcomm version 2017 phone but it definately beats the S8 (also 835 chipset) on battery endurance tests from what I have seen.
    11-10-2018 07:15 AM
    Thanks for all the help on this as i have looked at a lot of reviews and a lot contradict themselves a lot.
    On here you have people who have used the phones so you get a better review on them.
    I did look at the Huawei p20 pro phone being a bit cheaper as a budget of around £450 but was always seem to
    look back as either the S8 or S9 and then will i gain a lot having a S7 now.
    I would class my self as Low usage person as OST would be around 1 hour give or take and about 1 to 2 hour calls
    per day and never play a game,OST would be mainly web browser/news app and stuff like this not video stuff.
    11-11-2018 01:47 AM
    Thanks for all the help on this as i have looked at a lot of reviews and a lot contradict themselves a lot.
    On here you have people who have used the phones so you get a better review on them.
    I did look at the Huawei p20 pro phone being a bit cheaper as a budget of around £450 but was always seem to
    look back as either the S8 or S9 and then will i gain a lot having a S7 now.
    I would class my self as Low usage person as OST would be around 1 hour give or take and about 1 to 2 hour calls
    per day and never play a game,OST would be mainly web browser/news app and stuff like this not video stuff.
    Why not also look at the Huawei Mate 10 Pro? Same chipset as the P20 Pro but even cheaper and it has a huge battery as well.

The battery on that phone easily did 1.5days of heavy usage for me, it was incredible.

If you want a Samsung with great battery life maybe look at the S9+ instead of the normal S9, which is also only 4GB RAM.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-11-2018 09:39 AM
    I forgot to mention this. No phone currently in existence can match the battery staying power of this one. It's supposed to come out next year.
    11-11-2018 08:19 PM
    I have a US unlocked S9+ that is currently giving me 5-6 days standby with 4-6 hrs screen time. I am using it on T-Mobile where I get EXCELLENT reception. When I use the phone with an AT&T sim, I get about 1 day standby with maybe 1-2 hrs screen time if I am lucky. I am currently also using a Note 9 on T-Mobile which gives me about 6 hrs screen time over three days standby.

This screen cap is from my S9+.

Best phone for battery (S8/S9) or is there any mpre.-screenshot_20181029-220204_settings.jpg
    11-12-2018 12:04 AM
    Never looked at the S9+ to be honest,now i can get around 2 days out of my S7 and they say these aint got good battery life so you can see the little use i do on battery draining stuff.
    i have looked at a lot of the Huawei phones and yes the mate 10 pro.
    Being a full time carer at home i don't want to have another thing everyday to remember to do/charge but i
    do like having a nice good phone.
    11-14-2018 11:01 PM
    The only thing what i reas about the mate 10 pro is its a very old chip or something and no wireless charging.
    I keep goint towards the normal S9 but im trying to see a single sim UK one at a good price a lot on places like Amazon are Dual sim which is then not a u.k one and read about updates and some stuff not working.
    11-16-2018 10:52 AM
    Just to clear something up 100% if i look at the S9 do i go for the one with 2 sims as don't seem to be a UK one and only comes with the 12 months cover,i don't need 2 sims but these seems the ones that people sell a lot,are these better.
    Thanks
    11-20-2018 10:54 PM
    Having owned the S8+ and now the S9+, the battery in the S8+ was much better and there really isn't a whole lot of difference. Knowing what I do now I should have kept the S8+ and waited for the S10+ 5G. If you buy the S8 you can tell people it's a S9 and nobody would know the difference, I'd have a hard time telling them apart.
    11-21-2018 12:02 AM
    Thanks for that advice,so a normal S8 (not the +) the battery would be that bit better.
    I just dont want to but a Dual sim S8 or even S9 if i will loose a lot of stuff.
    See i have the S7 now and its great just wanted it that bit faster and better on stuff.
    11-21-2018 03:57 AM
    Hi all....A big thanks to all on here for there advice/help.
    I have just had a New S9 UK one single sim and what a great phone,registered on my Samsung account and also checked the IMEI number on the Samsung site and says original warranty until 31/10/2020 and it was made in august 2018 so all good and not black listed.
    The rigistaration is weird as you set the account up but it dont say anything you just add and save it,the apple site when you add info it confirms the phone and everything is ok and also says the warranty there,to check the samsung phone it a complete separate area and page/search to check stuff.
    11-23-2018 09:45 AM