Hello - It has been years since I've been on this site, back in the days of my Blackberry Curve 8900.

I've been in the Apple world for the last 5-6 years; been pretty made about the massive price increases and the quality of iOS keeps going down in my opinion. So I thought I'd give Android another shot. So I got a Galaxy S9 a couple of week ago. I'm really, really enjoying it.

There are a few things I have questions about, and I'm sure just because Apple made it so streamlined...

Contacts. When I enter a new name and number I have 6 accounts to chose from for where to save the contact...holy crap why? lol I just them to all go to one account, even when I set a default account it doesn't stick, any thoughts?

And now I can't remember the other two things I had questions about lol
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-09-2018 07:02 AM
    Not sure if there is actually a default location. My LG V30 running android 8.0 lists three places:
    j***@gmail.com (my Google account)
    Phone
    SIM card

The list is presented alphabetically. My Google account is always what I choose. But it is also first alphabetically.
    I am surprised that "sim card" is even an option these days.

Without knowing what other accounts you have listed, storing the contacts in your Google account gives you an automatic backup that can be transferred to a new phone or restored to an old phone.
    kct1975 likes this.
    11-09-2018 05:08 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I would strongly recommend saving all new contacts to your Google account, since they will automatically sync with your Google Contacts in the cloud, and therefore be safe there (in case something happens to the phone), as well as accessible from any other device that's logged into your Google account. The Phone account only saves it locally to the phone, without any automatic syncing or backup anywhere -- so if something happens to the phone, that information is gone.
    kct1975 likes this.
    11-11-2018 05:43 PM
    Welcome to Android Central and to the world of Android! Backing up your contacts is always a good idea; especially if something happens to your phone and then your contacts disappear. Saving them to your SIM as well is also a good plan.

Please come on back to us when you have more questions!
    Yesterday 02:12 PM