What is your favorite Android phone and why?

Share your answers in the replies below...

Fingers crossed
    11-14-2018 03:55 AM
    I think my favourite Android phone changes from day to day or even year to year (as in, my favourite phone of the year). And sometimes, my favourite phone isn't even one that I own!

A few years back, it was the LG G6. It was the first phone to ever do 2:1 aspect ratios; it had amazing ergonomics and felt amazing in the hand; and it was waterproof and looked beautiful. And I definitely loved LG's KnockON.l It was a really good phone and I kept coming back to it as far as wanting to buy it. I did not, though.

Right now though, I'm not really sure what my favourite phone is. I think it'd be cheating if I said it was the Pixel 2 (which is the phone I have). I think the LG V30 would be my favourite. Beautiful display with that extra hidden feature at the side of the screen; a bigger battery than its predecessors; and I do enjoy the LG Skin. It also felt pretty good in the hand, despite it being a six-inch phone and the fact that my hands were small. It had been between the LG V30 and the Pixel 2 for me - but I know that had I gotten the V30, I would've loved it.

Great thread topic - thank you so much for posting!
    11-14-2018 01:09 PM
    My favorite smartphone is the infamous HTC One M8 which I still have as a back up to my OG Pixel (daily driver).

I like HTC because the UI was always the most fun to customize. I always loved the custom theme store built in the UI, so I didn't have to download any additional launchers or themes for customization.

The sound on the M8 is incredible love the front facing speakers. The M8 was the first phone I ever purchased for media consumption and it was definitely the right choice. Great display, with awesome battery life

The last thing I love about the M8 was the camera, back in 2014 it was the camera to beat (IMO) with it's dual lens and wide angel shots. I was always able to get great camera shots with this phone!

RIP M8, best introduction to Android for me and I haven't turned back since
    Morty2264 and JHStewart1023 like this.
    11-14-2018 10:30 PM
    My favorite is the CAT S41. The battery it has (5000mAh) coupled with a very decent mid-range SoC and 3GB RAM successfully fuel my crazy phone addiction. I really love that I can use this phone in pretty much EVERY weather condition possible, from snowy winter days in the deep minus temperature ranges all the way to scorching hot summer days. Also, the ruggedness of this phone saved it when I accidentally dropped it a few times in the past (don't take this as non-breakability assurance, since I've anyway never broken any smartphone ever before due to being careful).
    11-15-2018 10:29 AM
    The new Huawei is best. Big battery and still has ir blaster. Of course I'll never buy one since I live in USA. It doesn't have all the bands for any us provider and of course no warranty at all in USA.
    11-15-2018 12:53 PM
    My favorite smartphone is the infamous HTC One M8 which I still have as a back up to my OG Pixel (daily driver).

I like HTC because the UI was always the most fun to customize. I always loved the custom theme store built in the UI, so I didn't have to download any additional launchers or themes for customization.

The sound on the M8 is incredible love the front facing speakers. The M8 was the first phone I ever purchased for media consumption and it was definitely the right choice. Great display, with awesome battery life

The last thing I love about the M8 was the camera, back in 2014 it was the camera to beat (IMO) with it's dual lens and wide angel shots. I was always able to get great camera shots with this phone!

RIP M8, best introduction to Android for me and I haven't turned back since
    I really wanted the M8 and am still planning to get an HTC phone in the future. I love that you mentioned its customizability - that's really important to me when it comes to phones and operating systems.
    jlarkins08 likes this.
    11-15-2018 01:08 PM
    It was the best Morty!! I still power it sometimes for app updates and nostalgia. I would launched the theme store and switch out icons and wallpapers, even though I am not currently using the phone. I powered it down and stick it back in the drawer. Great phone!
    I really wanted the M8 and am still planning to get an HTC phone in the future. I love that you mentioned its customizability - that's really important to me when it comes to phones and operating systems.
    11-15-2018 01:12 PM
    Right now it's the Huawei P20 Pro.

+ IR Blaster
    + Twilight
    + Design
    + Battery

- OS

I guess I would say the Mate 20 Pro but can't justify paying the ASKING price.

When did. It came out? I waited it out, not just for Twilight to become available but for the price to come down.

I also the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Blue 128GB and the Apple iPhone XS Gold 64GB. I bought them both when it launched but was lucky enough to get great deals.

Basically, all three I paid less than $1,000 CAN taxes in. I kept my word that I will never pay more than $1k for a phone.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-15-2018 10:17 PM
    Samsung galaxy alpha. It was compact and premium and didn't feel like a compromise on specs.
    11-15-2018 10:43 PM
    My favourite android phone is Redmi Note5 Pro... because it has good features and very user-friendly operating...
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-30-2018 04:57 AM
    Right now it's the Huawei P20 Pro.

+ IR Blaster
    + Twilight
    + Design
    + Battery

- OS

I guess I would say the Mate 20 Pro but can't justify paying the ASKING price.

When did. It came out? I waited it out, not just for Twilight to become available but for the price to come down.

I also the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Blue 128GB and the Apple iPhone XS Gold 64GB. I bought them both when it launched but was lucky enough to get great deals.

Basically, all three I paid less than $1,000 CAN taxes in. I kept my word that I will never pay more than $1k for a phone.
    The Huawei P20 Pro is a beast of a phone and made me consider going back to Huawei for my next phone if the P30 (Pro) is anything like it.
    Blown 89 likes this.
    11-30-2018 07:00 AM
    My favorite phone was the Nexus 5. At the time it was the complete phone that functioned flawlessly. Back then Samsung was a hot mess so it was refreshing having a phone that did everything well.

Out of the current phones the V40 is my favorite simply because it does everything very well. Good camera, great hardware, exceptional headphone jack, very good screen, and most importantly the wide angle lens. If the Mate 20 Pro was available here that might be. I'm excited to see what Huawei does with the P30.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-30-2018 11:32 PM
    For a long time my favourite was the HTC Sensation XE (Beats phone), I thought it's design was awesome with the Red accents, loved how they paid attention to detail on it.

Right now though my favourite had to be the Mate 20 Pro that I have. Mainly due to it having the best of almost every technology currently available to smartphones:

- Powerful and Efficient 7nm Kirin980 CPU (first 7nm in Android)
    - Huge 4200mAh Battery that has beaten all its flagship competitors
    - Super Fast Charging with the 40W charger, charging from 0-100% is done in just over 1hour, this makes the Mate 20 Pro an absolute Road Warrior as it takes forever to deplete the battery and when you eventually do deplete it, it takes a very short time to charge it back up.
    - I have a BOE Display on mine and it is fantastic with its 3120x1440 resolution
    - One of the Best Cameras around: not only does it give great detailed images, it has 3x Optical Zoom, it has 5x Hybrid Zoom, a Super Wide Mode, a Super Macro Mode and an incredible Night Mode gets results very similar to Pixels Night Sight, the Hardware and Software on this phone's Camera has really taken it to a whole new level, absolutely enjoy using it.
    - Compact design: the Mate 20 Pro sits somewhere between the regular S9 and S9+, yet fits a Screen that's a similar size to the larger Note9.
    - it still has the IR Blaster
    - It has a Fast Under display Fingerprint Scanner
    - It uses the same Facial Recognition as the iPhone

Overall the Mate 20 Pro pretty much culminates the best of every flagship so far into one device while bringing its own stuff to.

Absolutely enjoying this beast.

I hope the Mate 30 Pro takes it even further.
    12-01-2018 06:10 AM
    I bought a P20 pro thru Amazon & have used it on AT&T for 6 mo. without any problems or lack of service, so stop the cann't use in USA nonsense.
    12-01-2018 06:16 AM
    For looks I would say the HTC phones else I would suggest you the Nexus family.
    Advantages of Nexus
    1) Get latest android updates before anyone.
    2) Great phone at a low price point compared to the competition.
    3) You can screw your phone software how much ever you want and again factory reset it with one click.
    4) Powered by Google.
    5) No blot ware or unwanted software to eat up your RAM (you have to install Facebook also on your own, it doesn't come pre installed).
    6) Fully customizable.
    12-08-2018 01:13 AM