01-12-2019 04:05 PM
39 12
tools
    And here is the resolution. Good news I called the Attorney Generals office first so CPR would know I'm not going to drop this. The AG said this is something they would mediate. I told them I wanted to give CPR a chance to make it right.
    I called the mgr at CPR and he listened and said he would check into it and let me know. He said they tried 4 screens on it and could not get the touch to work. I told him I want the owners name and number if he's not going to replace it.
    Before he called me back I called Google and told them the story. 6 years with 12 Galaxy phones my family has only had 2 cracked screens and they were small cracks. This pixel 3 shattered form a waist high fall. I thought maybe they would let us trade it in plus some money for a refurbished phone. All they said was take it to ubreakifix and see if they can fix it.
    CPR called me back and said they ordered her a new phone. He was very nice and apologize for it. He also said it was on him the way they handled it.
    So it's all good and the new phone should be in today or tomorrow.
    But had I not gotten involved they were going to stick my daughter with a phone that they wrecked. She would not have let them get by with that either but they do seem to respond differently to me.
    Let us know if you really get your new phone. I have been shined on by stores before who promise the world yet never deliver.
    milleniumdroid likes this.
    12-12-2018 09:29 AM
    I have tried to edit the title but can only find a way to edit the post not the title. I mostly wanted to edit it because it says destroy not destroyed. ������
    Hello, I altered your thread title for you. If it isn't exactly the way you want, quote me back with the preferred title (or send a PM) and I will change it, and if you post in thread, I will remove that post as well.
    mgssrs and milleniumdroid like this.
    12-12-2018 09:49 AM
    Did either firm mention maintaining warranty on the device? I believe uBreakIfix might be approved for maintaining warranty on the device. In this case - lowest bidder isn't always best.

This would be a candidate for small claims court, but keep in mind that these are likely franchised repair people. Provided speaking to the manager Monday gets you no satisfaction.
    Lowest bidder is almost never best. If you want something done right, you either have to do it yourself, or pay someone that can do it right for you. A little extra money upfront is better than huge hassles later.
    12-13-2018 05:45 AM
    And here is the resolution. Good news I called the Attorney Generals office first so CPR would know I'm not going to drop this. The AG said this is something they would mediate. I told them I wanted to give CPR a chance to make it right.
    I called the mgr at CPR and he listened and said he would check into it and let me know. He said they tried 4 screens on it and could not get the touch to work. I told him I want the owners name and number if he's not going to replace it.
    Before he called me back I called Google and told them the story. 6 years with 12 Galaxy phones my family has only had 2 cracked screens and they were small cracks. This pixel 3 shattered form a waist high fall. I thought maybe they would let us trade it in plus some money for a refurbished phone. All they said was take it to ubreakifix and see if they can fix it.
    CPR called me back and said they ordered her a new phone. He was very nice and apologize for it. He also said it was on him the way they handled it.
    So it's all good and the new phone should be in today or tomorrow.
    But had I not gotten involved they were going to stick my daughter with a phone that they wrecked. She would not have let them get by with that either but they do seem to respond differently to me.
    That's wonderful! I'm so glad you got it resolved! Let us know when the new phone arrives!
    12-13-2018 07:22 AM
    They called my daughter and said the phone came in early. She has not had a chance to pick up yet and may wait until Saturday.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    12-13-2018 08:15 AM
    Happy to her . Congrats.
    12-13-2018 08:19 PM
    They called my daughter and said the phone came in early. She has not had a chance to pick up yet and may wait until Saturday.
    That is awesome! Let us know when she gets it!
    12-14-2018 06:07 AM
    She picked it up and it is brand new and in the box. So she also got a new charger and headphones. They did do right by her and it worked out well in the end.
    hallux, Morty2264, 11B1P and 1 others like this.
    12-16-2018 07:48 AM
    She picked it up and it is brand new and in the box. So she also get a new charger and headphones. They did do right by her and it worked out well in the end.
    That's so wonderful! I'm so glad it worked out for her!
    12-16-2018 08:26 AM
    This is why I get insurance for a phone, whether it's Google's Preferred Care, or SquareTrade for phones bought on eBay and other eligible sources.
    The purpose of those insurances isn't to replace "user-caused" damages. That's for when the phone arrives DOA or if within a specified time, the phone malfunctions or craps out due to no fault of the user. I do agree that the repair shop should make the customer whole.
    12-16-2018 09:15 AM
    The purpose of those insurances isn't to replace "user-caused" damages. That's for when the phone arrives DOA or if within a specified time, the phone malfunctions or craps out due to no fault of the user. I do agree that the repair shop should make the customer whole.
    Actually, they are for accidental damage. I've used them for that reason:

https://support.google.com/store/answer/7528518?hl=en
    "2 years of accidental damage coverage"

You're correct that SquareTrade's "Standard" plan doesn't cover accidental damage, but their Accident Protection plans do: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=NpFf1L9v
    12-16-2018 10:04 AM
    Actually, they are for accidental damage. I've used them for that reason:

https://support.google.com/store/answer/7528518?hl=en
    "2 years of accidental damage coverage"

You're correct that SquareTrade's "Standard" plan doesn't cover accidental damage, but their Accident Protection plans do: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=NmZTO1hi
    In either case, any respectable service shop would have their own insurance (or simply a slush fund) for this sort of thing and should be something an owner has to claim on their own policies. If you do that and your policy holder (I.e. Assurion or Square Trade) notices the phone was opened up and tampered with by the shop, they should still try to deny the claim.
    12-16-2018 12:27 PM
    Know its too late now.

I would of went to Best Buy and paid the extra money and let the Geek Squad repair it.
    01-11-2019 11:17 AM
    Great to see this ended well

Very happy for you OP!
    01-12-2019 04:05 PM
39 12