Poll: How do you access Android Central? Tapatalk, AC app or web browser?

Ayush Rao

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
On my android phone it was the AC forums app but on my iPhone I use Tapatalk. I don’t really browse the forums on my laptop but if I do it’s always on chrome.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
On my android phone it was the AC forums app but on my iPhone I use Tapatalk. I don’t really browse the forums on my laptop but if I do it’s always on chrome.

Same here! I use Chrome if I'm browsing AC online - but that happens maybe three times a year. 🤣 The AC app is my go-to form of AC communication!

cknobman

May 15, 2018
Visit site
Web browser.
Mobile websites are good enough now I don't feel the need to install another unnecessary app that will be draining my battery.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Tried the webpage again, didn't get slammed with enough ads to bring a 6 core processor to its knees for once.

However now that the page actually loads, I can't find anything. Half the screen is unused white space, header isn't centered and sits to the right while the forums themselves sit to the left like I'm experiencing formatting issues in a word doc. Of course features I'm used to on the app are missing, like viewing recent posts.

So yeah, I'm avoiding this website and sticking to the app.

cknobman

May 15, 2018
Visit site
I really really hate how this site wont let you use adblocker without sacrificing half the funcitonality.

But for anyone who wants to be able to browse the site and forums without being bombarded with ads go here and follow the instructions.

This works for every site on the internet and there is no way of detecting it. Also the person in charge of running it keeps it updated weekly adding in new urls/domains.

https://someonewhocares.org/hosts/zero/

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
Tried the webpage again, didn't get slammed with enough ads to bring a 6 core processor to its knees for once.

However now that the page actually loads, I can't find anything. Half the screen is unused white space, header isn't centered and sits to the right while the forums themselves sit to the left like I'm experiencing formatting issues in a word doc. Of course features I'm used to on the app are missing, like viewing recent posts.

So yeah, I'm avoiding this website and sticking to the app.
I see your suffering. AC struggles on my low-end Celeron G1820

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
As an addendum to my post above, the latest version of Tapatalk on iPhones has such intrusive ads as to be unusable. I only use Tapatalk for forums posting so I see no reason to pay for the removal of the ads.
I can't be the only one affected.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown