Do You Visit and Participate in Forums on Your Smartphone?

TechTimid

Jan 20, 2019
Visit site
I've only used my desktop to visit and participate in forums. I got my first smartphone last week and although I plan to keep using my desktop for things like that, I was curious about using my smartphone.

I was able to see the forum in landscape mode, and at the bottom of the forum I was able to click on Full Site to see the page from left to right.

It still seemed very small to actually read the posts on the board. Also, I didn't log on because I saw no keyboard on the screen to do so. I wouldn't be able to reply to a post either. Totally new at this. :-[

TechTimid

Jan 20, 2019
Visit site
I just logged into one of my forums using the browser of the smartphone, Google Chrome. I have a lot of apps that came already on the phone, but I really haven't used them. I haven't downloaded any apps on the phone yet.

Where is the text entry field that I would have to tap?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I just logged into one of my forums using the browser of the smartphone, Google Chrome. I have a lot of apps that came already on the phone, but I really haven't used them. I haven't downloaded any apps on the phone yet.

In the mobile site using Chrome tap the 'Reply' button and then tap inside the text box. As B. Diddy said the apps are easier to use than the site from a browser. I personally prefer the Android Central Forums app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quoord.tapatalkacf.activity

Screenshot_20190121-011647.jpeg

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
My laptop has dust on it. The only time I use it is when I need to program my remote or change settings on my racing wheel.

I do everything else on my phone or tablet.

TechTimid

Jan 20, 2019
Visit site
In the mobile site using Chrome tap the 'Reply' button and then tap inside the text box. As B. Diddy said the apps are easier to use than the site from a browser. I personally prefer the Android Central Forums app.

Thank you Javier and everyone for your guidance. I was just able to log into my forum and post a test post from my smartphone. Taking baby steps here getting use to the phone and how to use it.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I only use my phone. I looked at the site on the laptop once and all I saw were ads....
Haven't done that since. Mobile phone + Adguard = happy me

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I definitely do! I almost exclusively use the Android Central app to participate in the forums. Every once in a while, I'll use my laptop.

Maxine626

Dec 29, 2018
Visit site
Thank you Javier and everyone for your guidance. I was just able to log into my forum and post a test post from my smartphone. Taking baby steps here getting use to the phone and how to use it mybkexperience

Last edited:

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I use only my phone plus Tapatalk. I don't know if I could adapt to using a computer. I've been using Tapatalk for 6 or 7 years.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I will be the odd man out. :)

When browsing forums, as a rule I am using a computer with a large screen and real keyboard, using a web browser with an ad-removing plug-in.
AC is not the only forum I browse, so it gets browsed the same way as all the other forums.

That said, I do have the AC app installed on my phone, and I have used it a few times.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I use the Tapatalk app to read and reply to multiple forums, not only those which are part of Mobile Nations, but also those which are completely unrelated and aren't even about smartphones or computers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair