02-17-2019 10:26 AM
51 123
tools
    I have had a couple phones that stood out from the others phones I had.

The first was the Moto X (2013) that phone was great, nice size, smooth performance.The camera was not one of the best tho. It had some new features on its release that stood out from the other phones.

The other phone(s) would have to be the Pixel phones. Having had both the Pixel(2016) and the Pixel 2 XL Panda. I would have to give the Panda the better of the two phones but was a close call neither of those are a bad phone.Currently still using both of those phones depending if I want a small phone or a large phone for that day

Worst phone Samsung S3
    I'm not surprised that a Moto phone is making the list for some users. It's such a great device line.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-29-2019 08:18 PM
    Moto X (2013) and LG V20 are my 2 all time favourites.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    01-29-2019 10:20 PM
    From the Old School of "they just don't make 'em like they used to anymore", I would nominate my 2+ year old LG V20. It was one of the 1st running Nougat out of the box and successfully made the transition to Oreo. With a swappable battery and IR blaster it is the last of it's kind. As for the new generation of devices, my Note 9 is the most feature rich, powerful phone it has been my pleasure to hold in my hands. From awe inspiring photos/videos to keeping up with the demands of my job, this juggernaut does it all and then some.
    Laura Knotek and Morty2264 like this.
    01-29-2019 11:13 PM
    The LG G2 might have been my all-time favorite phone if it had a better camera and improved software. Loved the back power/ volume buttons, slim bezels and amazing battery life. The screen was quite good for 2013.

My current phone (Pixel 2XL) is the best phone I've used. Wouldn't say this right after my first one but the second 2XL is flawless and does everything I need. Other than the smaller Pixel 2, it's the first phone I've used that didn't have any glaring weaknesses.

Also really liked the Moto XPE, Nexus 6, OnePlus 3T and Pixel 2.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-30-2019 01:49 AM
    I have Redmi Note5 Pro, it has good camera quality and good charging backup...
    01-30-2019 05:16 AM
    My Galaxy Note 9.
    02-10-2019 06:01 PM
    Droid Turbo
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-11-2019 09:16 AM
    Possibly my S3, bought it in 2012 and it was lightyears ahead of my previous LG and it was the first actual good cell phone camera I used. I drowned it in a river and had to dry it out in 2013, took it apart myself and fixed it. My mom and sister both used it for awhile after that, and when I got it back gave it to a friend. He used it until late 2017 as his daily phone. That thing survived 5 years of abuse and never even had the battery swapped.
    I have to go with the S3 also. It represented a real leap in utility over the previous phones (unlike the past few years). I kept it until it got so buggered I got my current phone the S7.

I'd take that form in a newer offering any day.
    02-12-2019 07:24 AM
    Droid Turbo
    I've heard great things about this phone. Understandable that it's your top choice!
    02-12-2019 07:38 AM
    The Samsung S8 active. Alot of good features and specs, and the 1st phone that I haven't felt the need for a case for since my long retired flip phone.
    02-12-2019 10:17 AM
    I've heard great things about this phone. Understandable that it's your top choice!
    Yeah, I originally said Note II last week but the Turbo was awesome. The double chin everyone hated did not bother me one bit.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-12-2019 01:00 PM
    It would have to be my current phone which is the Samsung Note 9. I really enjoy using it. It does everything I need it to do so far.
    02-13-2019 12:35 PM
    It would have to be my current phone which is the Samsung Note 9. I really enjoy using it. It does everything I need it to do so far.
    Absolutely agree, I like it too
    02-14-2019 10:02 AM
    I really liked my ZTE axon 7. Good speakers, good camera. Regret selling it.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-15-2019 05:09 AM
    I really liked my ZTE axon 7. Good speakers, good camera. Regret selling it.
    I LOVED the Axon 7! I really wanted it! I heard that the Axon 7 Mini was also a good device.
    raves68 likes this.
    02-15-2019 08:25 AM
    I was thinking about what my favorite Android device was and I have to go with my original Nexus One by HTC. I still think the device was ahead of its time.

It had a great screen and fourm factor with the only real downfall being it was limited to just 512MB of app memory which made it limited to having a lot of apps.

But after I rooted the device and installed the early Cyanogen ROM, the device just came alive. I honestly think they should update the device and re-release a special edition. The only bad side of that thought is the market has changed and everyone wants large screens.

Still will be one of my all time favorite of the Nexus line, just thought I would share my thoughts on a great device back in the early days of Android.
    Tsepz_GP and Morty2264 like this.
    02-15-2019 02:44 PM
    my note 8. every phone I have gotten I thought "this is a great phone I'm going to keep this for years" then I trade it in the next year, or months.
    it might be that phones have flattened out and not much is happening. but the battery life, UI, camera and usability is still on par.

however, the most ergonomic phone I have used was the G3. perfect size, curved back was super comfy and if you were lucky it doubled as a hand warmer.
    the coolest phone I turned was the Droid bionic. had everything possible, including a micro HDMI out. But that was the era where every two months a much better phone came out.
    02-15-2019 11:35 PM
    I was thinking about what my favorite Android device was and I have to go with my original Nexus One by HTC. I still think the device was ahead of its time.

It had a great screen and fourm factor with the only real downfall being it was limited to just 512MB of app memory which made it limited to having a lot of apps.

But after I rooted the device and installed the early Cyanogen ROM, the device just came alive. I honestly think they should update the device and re-release a special edition. The only bad side of that thought is the market has changed and everyone wants large screens.

Still will be one of my all time favorite of the Nexus line, just thought I would share my thoughts on a great device back in the early days of Android.
    That was a really cool phone! I really miss the Nexus line. My love for my Nexus 5 prompted me to go stock Android again with the Pixel 2. What phone are you using now?
    02-16-2019 09:53 AM
    I am currently using a Note 9, Blackberry Key2 and a iPhone XS. I am also an ambassador on the CB and iMore forums and enjoy being a phone junkie and posting my experiences.
    02-16-2019 05:31 PM
    That was a really cool phone! I really miss the Nexus line. My love for my Nexus 5 prompted me to go stock Android again with the Pixel 2. What phone are you using now?
    I am currently using a Note 9, Blackberry Key2 and a iPhone XS. I am also an ambassador on the CB and iMore forums and enjoy being a phone junkie and posting my experiences.
    Tsepz_GP and Morty2264 like this.
    02-16-2019 05:32 PM
    That's quite the fleet of devices, you really are a phone junkie!

What I like in your choice is that you have a very nice variety, none of those devices are the same, one is a full on productivity Phablet, the next is a Keyboard based tool and then finally the simple yet powerful Apple device.

Do you go between them weekly or carry them altogether?
    02-17-2019 02:55 AM
    Best for me is a tie between the LG V30 and the Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact (U.S. Model). Still use them both.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-17-2019 06:49 AM
    That's quite the fleet of devices, you really are a phone junkie!

What I like in your choice is that you have a very nice variety, none of those devices are the same, one is a full on productivity Phablet, the next is a Keyboard based tool and then finally the simple yet powerful Apple device.

Do you go between them weekly or carry them altogether?
    I try and rotate weekly, but I use iMac 27's in my business, so if I am working on a hot project I usually stick with my iPhone XS because of the integration between my device and my Mac desktop for emails and messaging.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    02-17-2019 07:41 AM
    Great lineup of phones you've got, there! And I approve of your ambassador hobbies!
    02-17-2019 09:32 AM
    Best for me is a tie between the LG V30 and the Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact (U.S. Model). Still use them both.
    That's a great duo!
    02-17-2019 09:32 AM
51 123