Any regrets NOT applying one?

I had to remove the screen protector Samsung included after my girl's S10 fell out of my jacket.

We do have Ringke wallet case coming from amazon. Never had luck with screen protectors on Samsung's Infinity Displays.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-12-2019 10:54 PM

I had to remove the screen protector Samsung included after my girl's S10 fell out of my jacket.

We do have Ringke wallet case coming from amazon. Never had luck with screen protectors on Samsung's Infinity Displays.
    I never use sceeen protectors. Never had issues, but I also always have a ring/rubber loop on my case.
    For screen protectors, on reddit the only ones commonly recommended are Whitestone or the ones that come with the Spigen 360 cases.
    bembol likes this.
    03-12-2019 11:00 PM
    I've never used screen protector and never had a problem. I use a sunglasses bag to avoid scratches when the phone is in my pocket.
    bembol likes this.
    03-12-2019 11:16 PM
    I put my phone in my "wallet pocket" (right hip pocket of all my pants) or my coat pocket all the time. Coming up on 18 months with my first phone that I did not put a screen protector on and (knock on wood) no issues thus far. I don't put it in with keys.
    bembol and Morty2264 like this.
    03-13-2019 06:41 AM
    I have never used a screen protector. My LG V30 is my first phone to have a protective case due to the glass back.

I have been around expensive electronics my whole life, so I do treat them with care but I do not baby them.

No metal objects go in the same pocket as the phone, and never in a pants back pocket.
    bembol likes this.
    03-13-2019 07:49 PM
    I used to not but after using Whitstone Dome glass ones I'll always use that.
    bembol likes this.
    03-13-2019 08:44 PM
    The last time I used a screen protector was about 20 years ago on a Nokia 3310 with a plastic screen.

Never used one since back then. For years, while working, I always used a belt holster but now I'm retired I find a flip case gives adequate protection. I've never ever had a scratch on a screen.
    bembol likes this.
    03-14-2019 08:25 AM
    Never seen the point. I've only ever used a pouch to keep the screen perfectly scratch free.
    bembol likes this.
    03-14-2019 03:05 PM

I never bother with screen protectors. Had my Galaxy S7 Edge, Galaxy Note8 and Huawei Mate 20 Pro without Screen Protectors and have been perfectly fine.

What you need is a Case with a thick Top and Bottom lip, to ensure that of the phone falls, the lip prevents the screen touching any surface.
    bembol likes this.
    03-15-2019 12:16 AM
    The Samsung Kickstand case I got for free did the job and the Ringke Wallet case seems like more than enough.

Not bothering with the screen protector.

Thanks.
    03-15-2019 01:09 AM
    I had a tempered glass one on my S7 early on but it didn't fit well with the slight curve at the edges so I took it off...scratched it within the hour, a good one too. Haven't added to the scratch in the two successive years.

Glad to see Sammy has come to their senses and has given us a flat screen option, if I get one (only if the S7 breaks) I'll definitely get a tempered again.
    03-15-2019 07:18 PM
    Never used one, but then I'm not that bothered if the screen gets a small scratch. I'm fairly careful with my phones and don't seem to have any problems..
    03-15-2019 08:58 PM
    For all of you that don't use screen protection, do you end up with micro scratches or not even that?
    03-15-2019 09:03 PM
    For all of you that don't use screen protection, do you end up with micro scratches or not even that?
    No micro scratches, but I remember getting minor chips on the edges of my S7 Edge display, but that was due to leaving my phone on a table next to a Hubbly (Hookah pipe) and having some bits of lit coal land on it.
    03-16-2019 07:24 AM
    Going without a screen protector is dangerous. Always give your smartphone some protection.🤕
    03-18-2019 08:32 PM
    I like reading posts of users with no issues while not using screen protectors. My mom has a four year old Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge that still has no scratches from her use. I totally think it can be done - it may just be easier for some than others.
    03-19-2019 05:40 PM