Is Lineage OS specific to a phones features (ie LG V30) or covers all phones?

CellyPhoner

Jun 19, 2017
Visit site
I have a really sweet deal on a V30s Thinq (128GB/6GB)

On one hand 6GB Ram gives me some future proofing. On the other I have no idea weather LG will release a 3rd OS like it should for all Android devices.

It feels since MS left the game Android and the manufacturers have us over a barrel with ever increasing prices for 3 years worth of updates, 2 in the case of LG. I have no idea if the v30 will get 10/Q?

The phone is new and is $140au more than the A30. Which starts at Pie.

If the v30 does not get 10, is Lineage an option? Or will it lose quad dac, cine log, 4 quality mics, hdr10 display etc? Or do they try to keep the phones features in a lineage specific roll out?

Then I hear of all the people running many phones well out of date and no malware or hacks to date, likelihood? Are we being scared into spending more than we can afford every 3 years?

And are products like https://disconnect.me/ on top of a recently replaced Android OS safe enough?

I also turn off my wifi, 4g, GPS, Bluetooth whenever not in use. Wifi would be the only one usually on. I only turn on GPS if I need directions etc. Old habit from saving battery with nokia maps, which from a 3.7" display Id cruise 3 days and think that was bad haha.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Lineage is indeed an option at present, and will presumably continue to be so.
Bear in mind that all custom ROMs can be buggy, and that certain things may not work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay