08-19-2019 01:56 PM
105 ... 345
tools
    You shouldn't be so judgmental on people's buying habits. I don't need to be sensible when I make purchases. I've worked many years to get to the point where I spend it as I choose. I'm not worried about buying the best tool for my money because life is too short for that. If that makes me a snob I'll wear that label proudly but I don't think so.
    You are free to spend your money any way you like. And I am free to think you are spending it foolishly. But the very fact that you think it is necessary to post that you not only have one overpriced gadget, but three, tells me there is some bragging involved.
    08-19-2019 09:09 AM
    I am a big android enthusiast but lately, I have realized that most of the freedom available on android devices, I really do not need it and I am leaning towards getting an I Phone, I feel like they have a better resale value than Androids and a much more friendly user experience, is that true?
    iPhone do hold their resale value, you cant really go wrong either way , especially today's phones. I like apple just as much as I like andriod and I'm not really tied up in either eco system.
    08-19-2019 09:30 AM
    You are free to spend your money any way you like. And I am free to think you are spending it foolishly. But the very fact that you think it is necessary to post that you not only have one overpriced gadget, but three, tells me there is some bragging involved.
    He wasn’t bragging, as far as I can tell. You were saying that people who buy the latest Apple and Samsung products are snobs and buy them for the snob appeal. That certainly isn’t true for the vast majority of their customers (sure, you do have Apple sheep and Samsung snobs but they’re in the minority). Most people buy iPhones and Galaxy phones because they prefer the phones to other brands’ devices due to the display, software, cameras etc.

Mike Dee was simply stating that he has an iPhone, Samsung and a Pixel to show that he isn’t a snob. Only for you to conveniently switch subject to call him a bragger and then call all of his devices overpriced. If he was bragging about his three devices I think he would have phrased the comment differently. So what if he has 3 phones? He might just use one as his daily driver, you don’t know. If he wants to spend his money on 3 phones, you shouldn’t care because it’s his money and it’s not going to affect you.

If you think that Apple, Samsung and Pixel phones are all overpriced and their owners snobs, what phone brand do you use? Don’t say Huawei either because they have similarly specced devices in around the same price bracket.
    mustang7757 and kct1975 like this.
    08-19-2019 12:34 PM
    No bragging involved....just the facts. You came into the thread painting people with a broad brush as snobs because they buy certain brands. That may be your opinion but your approach is just wrong regardless of how you feel.
    08-19-2019 01:28 PM
    You're posting on a forum where people often have more than one phone that they use. I have several that I am using just for the fun of it on six lines on T-Mobile. I'm not bragging about them, I just like continuing to use the older devices I've bought as well as buying 2-3 of each years current phones on Android and Apple.

I have two identical iPhones, one is used in the car for my job for calls and music, the other stays in my pocket in case I need to call people on deliveries. It works for me.
    Golurk and kct1975 like this.
    08-19-2019 01:56 PM
105 ... 345