Absentee Threadstarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
All members are welcome to create threads in any forum of their choosing, and indeed are encouraged to do so. It’s a large part of what Android Central is about.

But please, if you have started a topic of conversation, go to the trouble of at least acknowledging replies - voting a Like will do - if not actually engaging with and responding to members who have replied in the thread that YOU started. If nothing else, it’s a simple courtesy to respond to replies, and more than that, leads to much more satisfying and interesting exchanges.

There are various threads throughout the forums which have elicited responses from members, but from which the OP is noticeably absent. Reading them leaves you with the sense that the OP has not the slightest interest in members' replies. Sometimes those members exchange ideas with one another instead, for want of any participation by the OP, and the thread takes off by itself. But it’s much more in the spirit of the forums if the starter of a thread retains a presence in it.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Absentee Threadstarters (draft)

And it's easy enough to subscribe to a thread you start and get daily emails if any posts are added. No email - nothing to check.

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
Oh FINALLY someone addressed this. It has become such a mass problem on this forum as of lately that I sometimes don't even open Tapatalk for days or occasionally even weeks on end...

Nquateman

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
All members are welcome to create threads in any forum of their choosing, and indeed are encouraged to do so. It’s a large part of what Android Central is about.

But please, if you have started a topic of conversation, go to the trouble of at least acknowledging replies - voting a Like will do - if not actually engaging with and responding to members who have replied in the thread that YOU started. If nothing else, it’s a simple courtesy to respond to replies, and more than that, leads to much more satisfying and interesting exchanges.

There are various threads throughout the forums which have elicited responses from members, but from which the OP is noticeably absent. Reading them leaves you with the sense that the OP has not the slightest interest in members' replies. Sometimes those members exchange ideas with one another instead, for want of any participation by the OP, and the thread takes off by itself. But it’s much more in the spirit of the forums if the starter of a thread retains a presence in it.
I'm glad you mentioned this. I've been hesitant in the past to reply unless I had something material to add because I figured that saying "OK" or "thanks" didn't add anything to the discussion except to make a thread longer to read through. But I take your point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21