No. I prefer Android because it can be tweaked easily.
    gendo667 and Morty2264 like this.
    09-11-2019 01:09 AM
    I've thought about it, due to their support of hearing aids, without requiring an extra device in between. Still shocked at how much larger the same app is on IOS compared to android. Will never pay full price for an i-thing, in any event. Used/refurbished and not the latest and greatest are sometimes reasonably priced.
    09-12-2019 07:02 AM
    You can’t disdain something which hasn’t even been released yet lol (iPad OS)
    Huh??
    09-15-2019 08:55 AM
    Huh??
    When I posted that I meant you can’t criticise something and dismiss it ‘as trash’ which (at that point in time) we only had a rough idea of and hadn’t been released yet.

As for the original thread title, the new iPhone 11 Pros look pretty enticing...they managed to finally include fast charging in the box, triple cameras with night mode and substantially bigger batteries.

However, unless you want iOS, longer software update support and slightly faster chipsets, phones like the P30 Pro will probably beat them in battery life, camera prowess, hardware perks (e.g in display fingerprint scanners and reverse wireless charging) etc.

In my opinion the iPhone 11 phones are brilliant devices but are more of an effort by Apple to catch up with their rivals instead of trying to push ahead like with the iPhone X.
    09-15-2019 02:57 PM
    When I posted that I meant you can’t criticise something and dismiss it ‘as trash’ which (at that point in time) we only had a rough idea of and hadn’t been released yet.

As for the original thread title, the new iPhone 11 Pros look pretty enticing...they managed to finally include fast charging in the box, triple cameras with night mode and substantially bigger batteries.

However, unless you want iOS, longer software update support and slightly faster chipsets, phones like the P30 Pro will probably beat them in battery life, camera prowess, hardware perks (e.g in display fingerprint scanners and reverse wireless charging) etc.

In my opinion the iPhone 11 phones are brilliant devices but are more of an effort by Apple to catch up with their rivals instead of trying to push ahead like with the iPhone X.
    They pushed ahead with iPhone X?
    09-15-2019 03:00 PM
    They pushed ahead with iPhone X?
    Trying to push ahead. When it was released it looked pretty cool. The XS was virtually identical, and the 11 Pro has a new camera system and bigger battery but that’s about it.

Personally I think the company that has made the most progress and pushed ahead the most in recent years is Huawei. They came up/introduced into the mainstream: in display fingerprint scanners (Mate 10 RS), 3x optical zoom (P20 Pro), ultra wide angle cameras (Mate 20 Pro), AI photography, TOF sensors and RYYB cameras.
    09-16-2019 01:19 AM
    Trying to push ahead. When it was released it looked pretty cool. The XS was virtually identical, and the 11 Pro has a new camera system and bigger battery but that’s about it.

Personally I think the company that has made the most progress and pushed ahead the most in recent years is Huawei. They came up/introduced into the mainstream: in display fingerprint scanners (Mate 10 RS), 3x optical zoom (P20 Pro), ultra wide angle cameras (Mate 20 Pro), AI photography, TOF sensors and RYYB cameras.
    Yeah I never will go for a Huawei phone. Just not for me.
    09-16-2019 01:58 AM
    Yeah I never will go for a Huawei phone. Just not for me.
    I definitely would (as long as it has Android). The P20/30 Pros have absolutely outstanding cameras . Sure, EMUI isn’t as slick as stock or OneUI but it’s a decent enough skin and offers even more customisation.

Such a shame that the Mate 30 phones won’t have Google Play or apps
    09-16-2019 11:01 AM
    Half of my family is iphone and the other half is android. The iphoner's will never switch and the androider's will never switch.
    kct1975 likes this.
    09-16-2019 12:42 PM
    Half of my family is iphone and the other half is android. The iphoner's will never switch and the androider's will never switch.
    Weird how that happens, eh? My family and husband's family are the same (Android versus iPhone, respectively; for the most part). My brother used Android for a long time and has since switched to iOS a couple of years ago and is very happy with it.

It seems like once you make up your mind on a platform, you're not getting out of it very easily!
    09-16-2019 01:23 PM
    I bet family reunions are like the Hatfields and McCoys. Lol
    09-16-2019 02:22 PM
    09-16-2019 02:26 PM
    LOOL this is amazing.
    kct1975 likes this.
    09-17-2019 07:43 AM
    XD
    09-17-2019 01:29 PM
    I prefer the layout of an iPhone, however, they are very restricted so no I wouldn't make the switch! I have the Samsung s8 but i'm looking to upgrade soon! I like to use my phone for photography, any recommendations?
    09-19-2019 10:31 AM
    I prefer the layout of an iPhone, however, they are very restricted so no I wouldn't make the switch! I have the Samsung s8 but i'm looking to upgrade soon! I like to use my phone for photography, any recommendations?
    I see you are a new user here - welcome to Android Central! If you don't need the latest and greatest tech, is definitely recommend the Google Pixel 3 for your photography needs. Even though the phone itself will be a year old soon, it's still a relevant and excellent device and when the Pixel 4 comes out, the 3 will be discounted.

Good luck, and let us know what you decide!
    09-19-2019 01:03 PM
    If you prefer versatility instead of slightly better processing, the S10e or S10 are also brilliant choices.

Or if you want the best of the best, the P30 Pro and Note 10 are also options.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    09-20-2019 12:19 PM
    If you prefer versatility instead of slightly better processing, the S10e or S10 are also brilliant choices.

Or if you want the best of the best, the P30 Pro and Note 10 are also options.
    Those are great recommendations!
    Golurk likes this.
    09-20-2019 01:11 PM
    Snagged me a green iPhone 11 Pro Max. Nice upgrade from my iPhone XS Max. Love the wide lens. Missed that so much from my Android phones.
    TgeekB likes this.
    09-21-2019 11:30 PM
    Snagged me a green iPhone 11 Pro Max. Nice upgrade from my iPhone XS Max. Love the wide lens. Missed that so much from my Android phones.
    Glad to hear you’re enjoying your new device
    Yesterday 04:08 AM
    I just jumped on the new iPhone pro (non-max) in green. I am on the upgrade programme so it was a no brainier and I was keen to shift on the XS max which I barely used due to it’s heft.

The camera is excellent and big upgrade, it feels great in the hand but I am already missing my Note 10 a little and design wise the iPhone feels a little 2018 vs the Note 10, flat screen is nice though.

OS wise it is swings and roundabouts, I love how Face ID is so passive and is a better experience than the in screen FPS on the Note, still think apps feel a slicker overall too. iOS though is more buggy these days than it ever has been and is still just a little dull.

I also think the standard pro is too small and the max too big/heavy, would have liked to see a pro model in the 6-6.2” size.
    Yesterday 04:32 AM
    It seems like once you make up your mind on a platform, you're not getting out of it very easily!
    I think there’s a lot of truth to this.
    Even if you want to, there’s a bit of work to switch platforms.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    Yesterday 06:38 AM
    I think there’s a lot of truth to this.
    Even if you want to, there’s a bit of work to switch platforms.
    There's absolutely a lot of work. I have friends and co-workers who are so invested in OS/manufacturer-specific OS (like the Apple ecosystem or Samsung Pay) and so that makes it that much harder to switch.
    DMP89145 likes this.
    Yesterday 08:08 AM
    There's absolutely a lot of work. I have friends and co-workers who are so invested in OS/manufacturer-specific OS (like the Apple ecosystem or Samsung Pay) and so that makes it that much harder to switch.
    That’s done by design of course. Any business wants to hold on to their customers so emerging them into their ecosystem increases the chance they’ll stay.
    I really think a lot of the bickering back and forth about which OS is better really comes down to this.
    Yesterday 08:13 AM
    I don’t like being tied down in any particular ecosystem.

Seems ironic but that’s why I love the freedoms that Android offers...I could use a Xiaomi watch linked to a Samsung phone using Google apps etc. And if I don’t like the direction of a particular brand’s devices I can simply switch. Plus switching from Android to Android and iPhone to Android is extremely easy.

Apple’s ecosystem seriously locks you down and is engineered to make it as difficult as possible to leave or integrate it with a non-Apple product.
    Yesterday 11:54 AM
150 ... 456