So I recently sent back my Aura Glow Note10, not because there was anything wrong with the phone. It did everything it was supposed and was actually great. Loved the in-hand feel of it over the Plus.

But man, I just loved my Prism White S10 so much, and every time I picked it back up and used it, I fell in love again. As a total package I feel like it was the best phone ever, and that very much includes design.

I know a phone's looks aren't so important to spec purists, but it's a huge part of the experience for me.

That said, I really wish there'd be a Prism Gold variant for the S11. It's been since the Note8 that we've had a gold model for a Samsung flagship. And that wasn't sold in the US. With US models, you have to go all the way back to the gold S7/S7 Edge. But if there's no gold, I'd gladly get Prism White again if they keep the same design aesthetic, including the chrome finish on the metal chassis.

My top 3 all-time Samsung flagship phone colors:

1) Prism White (S10) - What a badass looking phone. The color-shifting white that had just the right amount of flair without being too flashy. It even hides fingerprints well. And best of all, that chrome finish on the metal chassis.

2) Maple Gold (Note8) - Chrome finish on the metal chassis again; a rich, deep, striking gold without being too over-the-top. Super classy.

3) Coral Blue (Note7/Note FE) - There were a few different iterations of "coral blue" from Samsung, but none better than the Note7's version IMO. What tied it together so well was the subtle gold metal accent, and matching Samsung logo color.

I know there were other popular colors for some. I hear a lot about the emerald green of the Note 5 (4?). That really didn't do it for me as Samsung wasn't really leading the smartphone design charge at the time like they are now. That world belonged to Sony and Nokia. Would love to have a Prism White and Prism Gold to choose from on the S11, but Samsung seems to have shied away from gold for the past 3 or 4 years here in the US.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    09-27-2019 05:46 PM
    I favour white myself, given a choice. There's something about it that gives a phone class, and it also hides fingerprints.

No doubt, soon enough, there will be a way of varying the colour of a phone so that you can choose your preference from day to day.
    hasasimo likes this.
    09-27-2019 07:19 PM
    Actually we had gold and burgundy S9's. I don't remember if the Note 9s got it. It just wasn't released in the US. IIRC there were a couple of colors that didn't get released for the S10 in the US as well.
    09-27-2019 08:49 PM
    Actually we had gold and burgundy S9's. I don't remember if the Note 9s got it. It just wasn't released in the US. IIRC there were a couple of colors that didn't get released for the S10 in the US as well.
    I found that "sunrise gold" to not be very gold tbh, but you're right. It was an odd hue of bronze or copper to me. Also, the metal chassis was a brushed/matte finish that didn't look nearly as premium as the finish on the S10 and Note10.

I should have given a shoutout to the Prism Black as well. A bit of a fingerprint magnet but love that gunmetal grey tone with the matching metal chassis.

Would really love to see a gold S11 in the same design ethos as the S10. Would just be such a great combination IMO. But according to SamMobile, we'll only be getting some of the same colors as the S10.

What are some other favorites? Anyone else hoping to see a gold S11?
    09-27-2019 11:08 PM
    My favourite is Gold. In fact ever since Apple came out with the Rose/Gold, it’s the iPhone I got including my new 64GB 11 Pro Max. FML I need help. LOL

I pointed this out because I’m still waiting for Samsung to make it available up here.

Since it’s not...

Purple
    Blue
    Aura Glow
    hasasimo likes this.
    09-28-2019 01:23 PM
    I love the yellow variant of the S10e. I've liked yellow phones ever since the Nokia Lumia (500?) pulled it off years ago. In any case, the yellow S10e seems to be harder to come by for me here in Canada.
    09-28-2019 10:30 PM
    My favourite is Gold. In fact ever since Apple came out with the Rose/Gold, it’s the iPhone I got including my new 64GB 11 Pro Max. FML I need help. LOL

I pointed this out because I’m still waiting for Samsung to make it available up here.

Since it’s not...

Purple
    Blue
    Aura Glow
    You feel me bro? I dislike iPhones with a passion but even I was tempted when they started looking nice with the iPhone X, and then introduced a gold variant with the XS. Although I felt like the back of that one looked bandaid-colored.

Sometimes Samsung pioneers new color combos, and other times they're a full year or more behind. And by the time they adopt a popular color, the market has moved onto the next great "new" color. I always thought Sony and Nokia were the best and staying ahead of those trends.

You know, come to think of it, I think if there was a Prism Gold color, it would look a lot like the "almond" OnePlus 7 Pro. A chrome gold chassis with a back panel that's sort of pearlescent. Very tempted to get this, especially for that 90hz refresh rate...

09-28-2019 11:30 PM
    I love the yellow variant of the S10e. I've liked yellow phones ever since the Nokia Lumia (500?) pulled it off years ago. In any case, the yellow S10e seems to be harder to come by for me here in Canada.
    Yellow phones are great! The Prism White S10 was the most excited I was for a phone since my yellow Nokia Lumia 920. That device was incredible, introducing OIS, wireless charging, and always-on display to the smartphone market in a single device. The Lumia line was definitely the classiest hardware of its time.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    09-28-2019 11:32 PM
    black
    09-29-2019 02:41 AM
    Yellow phones are great! The Prism White S10 was the most excited I was for a phone since my yellow Nokia Lumia 920. That device was incredible, introducing OIS, wireless charging, and always-on display to the smartphone market in a single device. The Lumia line was definitely the classiest hardware of its time.
    I couldn't agree more with you! I don't know where I got the "500" from - I was definitely thinking of the Nokia Lumia 920. It was an amazing smartphone and it floored me even when I was still a novice at phones. 🤣
    hasasimo likes this.
    09-29-2019 09:34 AM
    black
    Fair, but which one :P? My favorite Samsung blacks were 1) Prism Black, 2) Ceramic Black, 3) Pearl Black
    Morty2264 likes this.
    09-29-2019 10:56 AM
    For me that's the most beautiful smartphone EVER!Top 3 all-time Samsung flagship phone colors-downloadfile.jpg
    09-29-2019 11:04 AM
    I have to agree with Coral Blue. My mom had a Note 7 in that color and it was very pretty.

My favorite flagship colors are blue, gray and white.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    09-29-2019 01:43 PM
    I have to agree with Coral Blue. My mom had a Note 7 in that color and it was very pretty.

My favorite flagship colors are blue, gray and white.
    Coral Blue is a very nice colour, as well.
    09-29-2019 08:16 PM
    My personal favorite was that Emerald Green S6 Edge. It looks much much better in person than in the renderings.
    Attached Thumbnails Top 3 all-time Samsung flagship phone colors-screenshot_20190929-192117.jpg  
    09-29-2019 10:23 PM
    Coral Blue is a nice color. That's actually the color of my phone.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    09-30-2019 03:10 AM
    Fair, but which one :P? My favorite Samsung blacks were 1) Prism Black, 2) Ceramic Black, 3) Pearl Black
    When the S7 came in an actual all black, that was my favorite.

If required to list multiple I also liked the silver the Note 7 came in and white.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    09-30-2019 08:41 AM
    When the S7 came in an actual all black, that was my favorite.

If required to list multiple I also liked the silver the Note 7 came in and white.
    Those are all classic, sophisticated colours.
    09-30-2019 06:13 PM
    Why do colors matter anyway these days?

All phones are almost all screen and whatever bezel there still is will always be black anyways and won't match the rear color.

The Galaxy S7/Edge are about the last flagship phones I could think of whose front bezel color matches the rear panel.

And yes, I know about clear cases. Problem is, they don't stay nice and clear for very long.
    Golurk likes this.
    10-02-2019 09:32 PM
    Why do colors matter anyway these days?

All phones are almost all screen and whatever bezel there still is will always be black anyways and won't match the rear color.

The Galaxy S7/Edge are about the last flagship phones I could think of whose front bezel color matches the rear panel.

And yes, I know about clear cases. Problem is, they don't stay nice and clear for very long.
    I agree. The silicon turns yellow due to exposure to light over time. The S7 Edge was a great phone

Personally I think the Prism white/aura glow of the S/N10 and Black of the Note 8 are the best
    10-04-2019 04:36 PM