google launch event

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
was looking at everything announced today and really did not see much. the few items they had and too many limitations. the pixel 4 is dropping some features, the new mesh router is limited and don't even support wifi 6 or multiple ethernet ports, nest aware new subscription plans won't start until next year (though 5 bucks a month for unlimited cameras is interesting) and more. I think I will pass on everything that was announced.

Did anything catch your eye?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I will probably end up trading up for the 4 XL some time after the new year. It doesn't bother me too much about the loss of the fingerprint sensor. The improved camera experience is what would be most important for me (although it's a shame to see unlimited Original Quality Google Photos storage going away). 64 GB doesn't bug me because I haven't gone much over 50% storage on my current 64 GB 3 XL. I'm not much of a smarthome person, so I don't care about the various Nest stuff, and my current Google Wifi mesh router does a great job as it is.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
was looking at everything announced today and really did not see much. the few items they had and too many limitations. the pixel 4 is dropping some features, the new mesh router is limited and don't even support wifi 6 or multiple ethernet ports, nest aware new subscription plans won't start until next year (though 5 bucks a month for unlimited cameras is interesting) and more. I think I will pass on everything that was announced.

Did anything catch your eye?
Don't tell anyone here, but I forgot to watch it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'd say that's industry-wide, not just with Google. I guess a combination of becoming jaded and mobile tech generally stagnating ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol