Why do you prefer the Android OS over iOS?

Lambertoid

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
So I was originally a blackberry guy from the old curve, than to a bold than Android came out I picked up the G1 and was with Android until the note 7 issues lol. I jumped to iOS with that I completely left Google closed my Gmail and all accounts associated with Google. That is until today I picked up a pixel 3xl from a buddy who upgraded to a 4xl I got it for 250$ so why not. But now leaving iOS is horrible you can't transfer files or passwords they make it so difficult. I won't delete my iCloud accounts until I know I'm happy with Android again. But sofar so good once I am for sure happy with Google and Android I will delete everything apple.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I like the wide variety of devices, customization options, easy integration with Google services, and the fantastic Pixel camera. I also tend to go against the flow of trendy things -- I don't like people or companies essentially telling me what's cool.

I realized in the 1980s that Apple's goal was to have absolute control over hardware, software, and the user. Nothing has changed for Apple.

I'll stick with Android for now.

phonejunky

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I choose Android honestly because of the ecosystem, and phones with amazing battery life. A good example of this is I don't use a flagship Android phone. And I came from the iPhone XS Max. I'm using the Moto G7 power. And will upgrade to the G8 power once it's released. The huge battery and Google ecosystem are perfect for my job. I travel the state a lot. I talk on the phone all day setting up appointments with clients. And I need the Google maps and calendar, email, docs, to go along with my Chromebook which I use for work. Having a Google phone with a Chromebook is so much better then having the iPhone.

Lambertoid

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Good to see another xs convert!
I choose Android honestly because of the ecosystem, and phones with amazing battery life. A good example of this is I don't use a flagship Android phone. And I came from the iPhone XS Max. I'm using the Moto G7 power. And will upgrade to the G8 power once it's released. The huge battery and Google ecosystem are perfect for my job. I travel the state a lot. I talk on the phone all day setting up appointments with clients. And I need the Google maps and calendar, email, docs, to go along with my Chromebook which I use for work. Having a Google phone with a Chromebook is so much better then having the iPhone.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

I've heard great things about the Moto G7 Power. So glad it is working with your Chromebook and for your lifestyle!

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Because there is competition on Android, the phones have incentive to innovate and improve. Apple has forgotten how to innovate and their boring OS is proof of that.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Of course, smartphones haven't been innovative for a few years now. As far as Google's algorithms, machine learning, image processing, etc, I still believe that's far better than the competition. Now, are those things innovative ? Well, it could be viewed as that, but that is something that Google does differently versus the competition. For example, they were the first smartphone company to introduce nightshot mode in the camera application. Then everyone else copied them. Now, of course Samsung and Apple have great night shot modes as well, but that came from Google's idea. For example, for the Galaxy s 20 ultra phone, it comes with a 101 megapixel camera. Do people really need a 101 megapixel camera? It's for bragging rights. Are you going to zoom in that much into a shot just to say you can. You'll probably do it once and then never do it again.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Of course, smartphones haven't been innovative for a few years now. As far as Google's algorithms, machine learning, image processing, etc, I still believe that's far better than the competition. Now, are those things innovative ? Well, it could be viewed as that, but that is something that Google does differently versus the competition. For example, they were the first smartphone company to introduce nightshot mode in the camera application. Then everyone else copied them. Now, of course Samsung and Apple have great night shot modes as well, but that came from Google's idea. For example, for the Galaxy s 20 ultra phone, it comes with a 101 megapixel camera. Do people really need a 101 megapixel camera? It's for bragging rights. Are you going to zoom in that much into a shot just to say you can. You'll probably do it once and then never do it again.
We can say same for astronomy mode I haven't used it yet , but plan on too. Everyone copies each other I like to see the one that implements it better ..

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
We can say same for astronomy mode I haven't used it yet , but plan on too. Everyone copies each other I like to see the one that implements it better ..
Oh, yeah for sure! Well said! That is for astronomy mode, I just don't have a tripod for my phone, but I have tried it. You have to have the phone perfectly still in order for it to work but I've seen amazing results online!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Oh, yeah for sure! Well said! That is for astronomy mode, I just don't have a tripod for my phone, but I have tried it. You have to have the phone perfectly still in order for it to work but I've seen amazing results online!
Yeah I've seen them online also looks very good .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1