Why do you prefer the Android OS over iOS?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
It definitely is! In so many different respects.
Oh yeah, for example, my coworker just got a budget Samsung Galaxy phone from Verizon unlocked. I played with the TouchWiz for a few minutes, I don't miss Samsung one bit. Can't believe there are still two different notepad apps, two different gallery apps, two different email apps etc.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Oh yeah, for example, my coworker just got a budget Samsung Galaxy phone from Verizon unlocked. I played with the TouchWiz for a few minutes, I don't miss Samsung one bit. Can't believe there are still two different notepad apps, two different gallery apps, two different email apps etc.

It has been quite a while since I used a Samsung (only once). Didn’t like it at all.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, dude, I totally agree! Between duplicated apps, still laggy TouchWiz UI, v I'll never be a fan again. Pixel fanboy here haha
TouchWiz is no longer what it used to be and it's now known as OneUI and in my experience it's pretty fast and fluid, and that was on an older Galaxy Note8, I think on soemthing like a Note10+ and S20 Ultra it will be even better it use,more so on S20 series with 120Hz screen and 240Hz touch rate.

The one thing I do hate in all Androids UIs is the duplication, as I often find that companies like Samsung and Huawei have better apps for the job.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
TouchWiz is no longer what it used to be and it's now known as OneUI and in my experience it's pretty fast and fluid, and that was on an older Galaxy Note8, I think on soemthing like a Note10+ and S20 Ultra it will be even better it use,more so on S20 series with 120Hz screen and 240Hz touch rate.

The one thing I do hate in all Androids UIs is the duplication, as I often find that companies like Samsung and Huawei have better apps for the job.
Well the duplication of apps comes from Samsung Galaxy applications in addition to Google Google's own core applications. Well I hope one UI is better for the people that have the newer Samsung phones. Lol However, it's still annoying and frustrating for duplicated apps when you don't need them.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Well the duplication of apps comes from Samsung Galaxy applications in addition to Google Google's own core applications. Well I hope one UI is better for the people that have the newer Samsung phones. Lol However, it's still annoying and frustrating for duplicated apps when you don't need them.

I agree. I don’t want Samsung’s apps on my phone, I want pure Android. I use Android One on my current Nokia phone and there’s no Nokia apps on it.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I don’t want Samsung’s apps on my phone, I want pure Android. I use Android One on my current Nokia phone and there’s no Nokia apps on it.
Hey, well thank you very much. I completely agree. I don't need Samsung's apps on my phone in order for me to have a great Google experience.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I decided in the 1980s that Apple's plan was to have absolute control over hardware, software, and users. They've stuck to their plan so I've stuck to my avoidance. I don't consider anything that says, "Apple." I did, when I got a Google Pixel phone with USB C and the power adapter was for the UAE, buy a USB A to USB C adapter that was an Apple product. It was the only adapter I could find at the time in Oaxaca, Mexico. It cost $40 when adapters from any other company were $10 or less. I was in a hurry and didn't want to wait for Amazon.

I do agree with Apple's marketing slogan, "It just works," but wish they'd added the rest, "as we want it to work." How you want it to work doesn't interest them. Unfortunately, I'm beginning to thing Google Pixel is following Apple's model.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that's true. I hope Google doesn't follow apples model For pixel phones. Apple has always had a closed off ecosystem and just like you said they do what they want when they want to do it. They don't care about the end user that much. Sure that makes creating applications easy but doesn't give you any customization or flexibility for what you actually want to do.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

That confuses me too. My S10 has duplicates of those things as well. Weird. But I usually just ignore it. But you are right, it is cumbersome.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
That confuses me too. My S10 has duplicates of those things as well. Weird. But I usually just ignore it. But you are right, it is cumbersome.
Yes I think you sir! It only has a cumbersome and confusing, it's just sound right frustrating. most consumers don't know which application to use at the end of the day Samsung Galaxy apps or Google apps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma