Front page & Black Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

dangerousfen

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
I'll be glad when this stupid Black Friday & Cyber Monday fiasco is over and then perhaps we can get back to some interesting articles on the front page.

Here in the uk it's been proved by 'Which' that only about 5% of these so called discounts are really genuine and that many items have been sold even cheaper earlier in the year.

As much as I love you Americans, why on earth did you have to lumber the rest of the world with this totally stupid idea.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I'll be glad when this stupid Black Friday & Cyber Monday fiasco is over and then perhaps we can get back to some interesting articles on the front page.

Here in the uk it's been proved by 'Which' that only about 5% of these so called discounts are really genuine and that many items have been sold even cheaper earlier in the year.

As much as I love you Americans, why on earth did you have to lumber the rest of the world with this totally stupid idea.

don't know where you get that 5% unless you are talking about the discounts being available in your country but they are real. I basically stayed home I did get a couple of echo show 5 to upgrade the dots. and that is all I participated in. too broke for much else. Maybe it is a stupid idea to you but for a lot of people it is a good time to get discounted christmas gifts.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think you find a variety of deals on these sale days -- many of them lame, but some of them quite good. The lame ones might be because the item's retail price was jacked up in order to make it seem like the sale price was a great deal, or because the item is a terrible/no-name brand, or because it's part of a bait-and-switch. But this isn't universal -- there are deals out there to be had if you're patient and brave enough to brave the crowds at the malls, or if you're fast enough to snatch up an online deal.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh, come on. We're not talking news here are we!!!!!!!!!

Ok UK deals on a UK site lol. It has to do with the region so I get it.

So you're saying sites shouldn't advertise holidays in the US if they have any other audience? Yeah that makes a lot of sense.

dangerousfen

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Ok UK deals on a UK site lol. It has to do with the region so I get it.

So you're saying sites shouldn't advertise holidays in the US if they have any other audience? Yeah that makes a lot of sense.
Let's get back to the real issue here. Yes, I understand that the site needs ads to survive and we all tolerate a fair number of ads all year round.

My beef is that there is nothing else but ads during this crazy period that America created called Back Friday.

It would be very refreshing and interesting to read the usual topics as well.

Let's hope we cam soon get back to normal.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Let's get back to the real issue here. Yes, I understand that the site needs ads to survive and we all tolerate a fair number of ads all year round.

My beef is that there is nothing else but ads during this crazy period that America created called Back Friday.

It would be very refreshing and interesting to read the usual topics as well.

Let's hope we cam soon get back to normal.

you may consider them ads because you are not interested in the products and devices but some other may find them handy and use them to make informed decisions. I am willing to bet if one of them was about a device you were thinking about buying this holiday season, you would click on it.

dangerousfen

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
you may consider them ads because you are not interested in the products and devices but some other may find them handy and use them to make informed decisions. I am willing to bet if one of them was about a device you were thinking about buying this holiday season, you would click on it.
Look, I've made my feelings on this topic quite clear.

We shall now have to agree to disagree.

Out.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that hardly any news on any site in the month of December is about anything besides shopping.:-\

Status
Not open for further replies.