Anti-5G conspiracy theorists who believe 5G is dangerous and a "killer network", etc... are just simply trying to, for their own personal anti-tecnology agendas (financial or other, doesn't matter), stop the progress of technology. And don't even get me started on the hoax of "electrosensitivity" (experiments show that if you irradiated an "electrosensitive" person and they aren't informed of it, they magically aren't electrosensitive anymore). Not all of these conspiracy theorist people are bad, as many of them are just victims of brainwashing from "alternative" science/medicine sources that spread claims how the big companies are trying to kill us with this stuff, etc... With each cellular generation the protesters get more and more toxic and disruptive. As a hard core tech enthusiast myself, I have an insanely short fuse regarding anti-tech conspiracy theorists. I even go as far as occasionally tweeting to Qualcomm the @ handles of the most enraged anti-5G commentators on Twitter and tell them to shut said users up. Many of the users I complained about are nowhere to be seen in the comments since. But just me doing this isn't really gonna solve the issue. Below I have devised a concept plan of one possible way to deal with the conspiracy theorists' propaganda and protesting :

First thing that needs to be done is to plant 5G base stations EVERYWHERE and put in laws that heavily illegalize spreading any anti-5G propaganda. Next, all 2G-4G networks need to be shut down so that you need a 5G phone to make even a basic emergency call. Once this is all done, the protesters will eventually realize that 5G is safe and that they need to stop spreading propaganda and fake news.

Another added bonus is that in this case cell service, at least in the US, would be a hell ton better than it is currently (I am tired of my phone here and there switching to 3G and even 1x EvDO on occasion, etc... ). We could also integrate all the 5G based life enhancements into every sphere of our lives much sooner.
    12-03-2019 11:03 PM
    The carriers are going to implement 5G, so just ignore them.

:First thing that needs to be done is to plant 5G base stations EVERYWHERE:" Who pays for it, you? I don't have enough.

"put in laws that heavily illegalize spreading any anti-5G propaganda" That, in the US, would violate the First Amendment.

"Another added bonus is that in this case cell service, at least in the US". Not really. 5G cell service will be over the same frequencies as 4G, and coming from the same towers. (mm5G is for IoT, not cellular.) So you'll get the same coverage, just more bandwidth. Where, now, you can have 50 phones connected to a tower, you may have 200 phones connected to that same tower. (Sure it's faster, but with more loading the speed goes down, so you won't see a revolutionary speed increase, just an evolutionary one.)
    kct1975 and milleniumdroid like this.
    12-03-2019 11:47 PM
    Well, OK maybe that illegalizing of anti-5G propaganda is a little much, I admit. But putting 5G base stations everywhere is kinda needed for 5G to work well.
    12-04-2019 10:38 AM
    Bear in mind that there are still people who believe no-moon-landing, flat Earth, and other such things. They will not be persuaded otherwise.
    milleniumdroid likes this.
    12-04-2019 04:58 PM
    I could say it is a conspiracy to claim 5g is safe :-) It works both ways. Remember asbestos, when it was first used it was considered gods gift to fireproofing. I remember reading in my weekly reader as to how safe it was. What about cigarettes, if you ever listened to dragnet old time radio shows, the commercials said cigarettes were safe to smoke and they had doctors examining smokers every few weeks for any type of smoking related illness.

whether or not 5g is safe only the future will tell.
    12-04-2019 06:23 PM
    Bear in mind that there are still people who believe no-moon-landing, flat Earth, and other such things. They will not be persuaded otherwise.
    Don't forget anti-vaxxers. They drive us doctors craaaaaazy.
    milleniumdroid and belodion like this.
    12-04-2019 07:32 PM
    I could say it is a conspiracy to claim 5g is safe :-) It works both ways. Remember asbestos, when it was first used it was considered gods gift to fireproofing. I remember reading in my weekly reader as to how safe it was. What about cigarettes, if you ever listened to dragnet old time radio shows, the commercials said cigarettes were safe to smoke and they had doctors examining smokers every few weeks for any type of smoking related illness.

whether or not 5g is safe only the future will tell.
    Well, those things science proved unsafe. Basic scientific concepts show that 5G is safe unless you crank up the power like crazy, which will never happen. But yeah, time will tell for sure.
    12-04-2019 07:36 PM
    Don't forget anti-vaxxers. They drive us doctors craaaaaazy.
    The health group I'm in would give you an aneurysm.
    12-04-2019 11:54 PM
    Well, those things science proved unsafe. Basic scientific concepts show that 5G is safe unless you crank up the power like crazy, which will never happen. But yeah, time will tell for sure.
    that is the point. it was still years later before science declared them unsafe after years of saying it was safe. as far as cranking up the power, it will be done in rural areas so they won't have to build as many towers. hope farm homes will not be too close.
    12-05-2019 04:43 AM
    The city council in my town appears to be dead set against this "killer" technology. Of course this is a city that once passed, and still has on the books, a local ordinance that says: No person shall produce, test, maintain, or store within the city a nuclear weapon, component of a nuclear weapon, nuclear weapon delivery system, or component of a nuclear weapon delivery system

I live in northern California - specifically Chico - and doubt we will ever get 5g here. The state capital - Sacramento - appears to be embracing 5g with open arms so I was hopeful but the only items in the new for this area have been people crying wolf. As you know, any type of cell tower at all will cause you to grow a new arm out of your forehead or something like that. At least that is the mentality here.
    12-05-2019 06:19 PM
    The city council in my town appears to be dead set against this "killer" technology. Of course this is a city that once passed, and still has on the books, a local ordinance that says: No person shall produce, test, maintain, or store within the city a nuclear weapon, component of a nuclear weapon, nuclear weapon delivery system, or component of a nuclear weapon delivery system

I live in northern California - specifically Chico - and doubt we will ever get 5g here. The state capital - Sacramento - appears to be embracing 5g with open arms so I was hopeful but the only items in the new for this area have been people crying wolf. As you know, any type of cell tower at all will cause you to grow a new arm out of your forehead or something like that. At least that is the mentality here.
    Well, non-ionizing radiation like 5G doesn't do any DNA damage, so you are right that there won't be growing of an extra arm.
    12-05-2019 08:57 PM