Just thought it might be a good idea to let everyone know. Two years ago, I downloaded one of these apps in hopes of silencing an annoying loud and scary herd of vicious dogs in a yard I was passing by. The high pitched tone produced by the app not only annoyed the living daylights out of me, but also caused the vicious dog herd to go completely insane and become quite a hazard (more than quadrupled barking intensity, loud enraged growling, almost jumping over decently tall fence in hopes of attacking me... ). Whatever you do, do not impulsively download/use one of these apps if you know what's good for you . I'm pretty sure there are better ways to deal with bothersome vicious attack dogs.
    belodion, B. Diddy and kct1975 like this.
    01-10-2020 06:27 PM
    On the other hand, it might be handy to drive away annoying teenagers who might be loitering in your vicinity. (Seriously, they do this in Japan, and possibly other countries as well: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-j...54L1DX20090522)
    01-10-2020 06:58 PM
    I'm looking into a very high frequency device since my little dog got mauled by a neapolitan mastiff that climbed over a six foot fence with contemptuous ease.
    I would like mace or pepper spray but they are illegal here. So is bludgeoning an attacking dog with an iron bar...
    These devices send 120db of dog whistle frequency at the dog allegedly deterring them...
    I actually tackled the attacking mastiff and we were rolling around on the street bleeding everywhere while my partner picked up our little dog. Cops weren't interested at all after the fact. I'll let you know if this thing works mate

Happy New Year to all!
    01-10-2020 09:03 PM
    Holy frijoles, I hope you didn't get too injured by that dog! Dog bites can be a real problem in terms of infection. It's also surprising that Animal Control didn't take any action.
    01-10-2020 09:41 PM
    I'm looking into a very high frequency device since my little dog got mauled by a neapolitan mastiff that climbed over a six foot fence with contemptuous ease.
    I would like mace or pepper spray but they are illegal here. So is bludgeoning an attacking dog with an iron bar...
    These devices send 120db of dog whistle frequency at the dog allegedly deterring them...
    I actually tackled the attacking mastiff and we were rolling around on the street bleeding everywhere while my partner picked up our little dog. Cops weren't interested at all after the fact. I'll let you know if this thing works mate

Happy New Year to all!
    Get a certified dog repellent device. An app would probably result in the attack dog hurting you pretty bad.
    01-13-2020 08:31 AM
    On the other hand, it might be handy to drive away annoying teenagers who might be loitering in your vicinity. (Seriously, they do this in Japan, and possibly other countries as well: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-j...54L1DX20090522)
    ... I love this.
    01-15-2020 07:35 PM
    Thank you so much for the heads-up!
    milleniumdroid likes this.
    01-15-2020 07:35 PM