A sad day...

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Is it sad? Yes. Surprising? Actually I'm more surprised this lasted as long as it has. The writing has been on the wall for a few years now.

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
I want to pre-order the UniHertz Titan to try to help keep the physical-keyboard-on-a-smartphone alive but something is telling me not to.

It's a huge, heavy 303g rugged Passport clone with some questionable built-in apps like adups...

dangerousfen

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
I want to pre-order the UniHertz Titan to try to help keep the physical-keyboard-on-a-smartphone alive but something is telling me not to.

It's a huge, heavy 303g rugged Passport clone with some questionable built-in apps like adups...
I thought you had already decided to get another boon.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
It is sad, but the only surprise to me is that they actually announced it. I thought they'd just let it fade away.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Anyone who is shocked about this has been living under a rock. Like you said Laura, I’m surprised there was an announcement. It’s not like more than a few scattered people use them any more.

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
I'm still amazed at some of the comments on crackberry today. Some still don't get it do they.
You mean those that believe that someone else will license the brand name now?

Yeah I highly highly doubt that.

We have a better chance of getting random keyboard devices from random OEM's than someone using the toxic BB name at this point.

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
You mean those that believe that someone else will license the brand name now?

Yeah I highly highly doubt that.

We have a better chance of getting random keyboard devices from random OEM's than someone using the toxic BB name at this point.

With articles from a random blogger about said random devices

Sean Flaherty

Jun 4, 2018
Visit site
To me, BB meant two things: 1. a physical keyboard and 2. the Hub, a unified inbox. I have a KeyONE (and had a Q10 before that) so I am good at least for a few years, longer if I get a Key2 or replace the battery in the KeyONE.

Anyone know how long Oreo will be a usable Phone OS?

bonedatt

May 6, 2013
Visit site
It's never a good thing when there are fewer competitors. The survivors become complacent. I hate that I have to constantly buy a Samsung Note, because no other manufacturer will offer anything similar in specs and functionality.

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
To me, BB meant two things: 1. a physical keyboard and 2. the Hub, a unified inbox. I have a KeyONE (and had a Q10 before that) so I am good at least for a few years, longer if I get a Key2 or replace the battery in the KeyONE.

Anyone know how long Oreo will be a usable Phone OS?
Oreo should be good to go for a long, long time.

There are people all around the world using Android devices still on KitKat 4.4, Lollipop 5, Marshmallow 6, etc

I say get a KEY2 LE or a Red KEY2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21