Phones/tablets with multiple charging ports

Zarquan314

Mar 1, 2019
Visit site
When I was buying a new tablet, I was thinking of getting the Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e. I would have bought it, except it doesn't have a headphone jack. Why on earth would I want a tablet without a headphone jack? And how couldn't they find the space for one on a 10.5" tablet? One of my main use cases for a tablet involves using the headphone jack with my computer to play videos with the sound going through my laptop's headphones without effecting my laptop's performance, something I just can't do with bluetooth.

But this tirade has been said before. I can understand why the headphone jack is undesirable on smaller devices due to its functionally unnecessary bulkiness, so I am curious about how people would feel about an alternative.

What if some phones and tablets designed for power users came with multiple USB-C charging ports? It would solve the problem of charging the phone while listening to music while still removing the thickness of the headphone jack.

I feel it would increase the utility of such devices. It would be easier to have multiple things plugged in to it when needed. It would also improve the lifespan of the device, as if one USB-C port dies, you are fine because you have at least one more.

Additionally, the charging ports could be on different areas of the device, kind of like the ROG modular phone. This would allow for the device to be charged while keeping the charging cable out of the way in almost any situation. I know that when I attached my bluetooth mouse to my charging tablet, I would have liked the charging cable to have been on the other side.

If the Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e had two or more USB-C ports, I would have bought it.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Not only does the ROG Phone have 2 USB ports, but it also keeps the headphone jack. Two headphone jacks, if you count the one on the fan accessory.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My Pixel Slate has 2 USB-C ports, so at least one tablet device has that option (I know, not exactly an Android tablet, but pretty close!).

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
This sounds like a great idea. I personally use a dongle with my Tab S3 and it cannot pass through fast charging as the input port on the dongle is for USB-PD and not QC. Now if I did have a way to get QC in while using the dongle that would be great.

Zarquan314

Mar 1, 2019
Visit site
Not only does the ROG Phone have 2 USB ports, but it also keeps the headphone jack. Two headphone jacks, if you count the one on the fan accessory.

Having a headphone jack AND multiple ports is even better. But I don't want to pay that much for a phone. Or a tablet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463