Disdain for the developers of Alarm Clock Xtreme

rdjr74

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Before you roast me, I believe in supporting devs and I have many times when there’s a good app to be had. On that note, I also believe the devs need to be fair to those that support them and treat them with respect. With that said, I feel the devs of Alarm Clock Xtreme are taking advantage of their paid customers by making them purchase a newer no ads version of their app. Attached is my comment and their response from Google play store.
google_play.jpg
Also attached is an email from yesterday expressing my concerns along with their response. Still waiting for their return response.
Although everything I said is true, I embellished a bit in my phrasing to get my concerns across (before you roast me again for being dramatic). LOL
email.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
The funny thing is I only found that app yesterday. Loved it and bought the premium version. I guess I was lucky I only bought it AFTER the purge. Now it is an in-app purchase which means it can't even go into the Family Library.

The shame is that it is an excellent alarm clock and I love its features. But a lot of people are really upset by the removal of the Pro version. They have been advising people who complain, to download the previous PRO version from your personal library under 'my apps and ganes' in the side menu of the Play Store. Otherwise it is another £3+ for the upgrade.

rdjr74

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
The funny thing is I only found that app yesterday. Loved it and bought the premium version. I guess I was lucky I only bought it AFTER the purge. Now it is an in-app purchase which means it can't even go into the Family Library.

The shame is that it is an excellent alarm clock and I love its features. But a lot of people are really upset by the removal of the Pro version. They have been advising people who complain, to download the previous PRO version from your personal library under 'my apps and ganes' in the side menu of the Play Store. Otherwise it is another £3+ for the upgrade.

The problem is, with my phone's recent Android 10 update the pro version no longer wakes my phone's screen. Totally defeats the purpose of a snooze button. It's total BS this is how they're treating their customers. They just responded again basically telling me I'm SOL. If9 like to elevate this even more, especially for users as myself that have been using this app for over 9 years. Does anyone have advice on how I might do this? Thanks

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The problem is, with my phone's recent Android 10 update the pro version no longer wakes my phone's screen. Totally defeats the purpose of a snooze button. It's total BS this is how they're treating their customers. They just responded again basically telling me I'm SOL. If9 like to elevate this even more, especially for users as myself that have been using this app for over 9 years. Does anyone have advice on how I might do this? Thanks

That is exactly why I bought it again, because of Android 10.
I don't agree with what they did, but it is something I use every day and it works well, so I said heck with it and dove right back in. Over the years, I figured I got my money's worth out of it.
I don't like the quick alarms where you basically have to guess when you want it to go off. If it's 7:30pm and I want a quick alarm for 5:45am the next day you can't set it for 5:30. You have to say x hours from now, which seems to throw my math skills off :).

sherri

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Not "roasting" you, but are you seriously complaining about an app you have to pay $3.00 for after using it (and loving it) for 9 years?!? At least you have the option to re-purchase the app! I would certainly "re-pay" the nominal amount for an app I love and use daily. I use DroidTV, which is a subscription based service (6.99 per month) but they have the option to buy a LIFETIME subscription for $199.00 (US). Just so you know, I alpha and beta tested this app, and now own (paid for) 4 subscriptions!

However, I use (and love) an app called "Nail Polish Rack". Bought the "elite" version, which allows me to store unlimited amounts of nail polish, edit info on polishes and other features not available on the "free" or "pro" version. Paid $3.99 (US) for it. They are now requiring everyone (regardless of current status) to go to a subscription ONLY plan ($. 99 per month or $9.99 per year)! I would gladly pay a reasonable 1 time (again) fee, as I do use the app and want to support the developers, but they aren't even making this an option!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34