Edit: title is a typo, meant to say "flower purchase reminder"

OK, so recently on Twitter Cat thought it was a smart idea to advertise how you can use specifically their new S52 phone to remind you to buy Valentine's day flowers... Of course I just told them plain and simple that ANY ANDROID DEVICE will do this. Well, the response I got to that was quite hilarious to say the least...
    02-17-2020 08:37 AM
    In their defense, the tweet in NO WAY expresses exclusivity... It does say 'Available on the Cat S52', it never states that it's a device-specific feature or pretend that you can ONLY find it in that phone. And the answer you got? Quite generic, and once again, just stating that the feature IS a great one, but still not pretending it's just available to their device.
    Javier P and msm0511 like this.
    02-17-2020 10:11 AM
    It's like saying "Don't forget the steering wheel available on the new Ford". It has nothing at all to do with the S52, it just something you can do with Google Assistant (or Alexa or any other 'smart assistant').
    02-17-2020 12:08 PM
    I think it's funny that CAT, known for its rugged industrial-strength indestructible manly man phones, is tweeting about remembering to buy Valentine's Day flowers for your sweety-pie snookums.
    milleniumdroid likes this.
    02-17-2020 02:35 PM
    I think it's funny that CAT, known for its rugged industrial-strength indestructible manly man phones, is tweeting about remembering to buy Valentine's Day flowers for your sweety-pie snookums.
    LMAO
    02-17-2020 03:18 PM
    In their defense, the tweet in NO WAY expresses exclusivity... It does say 'Available on the Cat S52', it never states that it's a device-specific feature or pretend that you can ONLY find it in that phone. And the answer you got? Quite generic, and once again, just stating that the feature IS a great one, but still not pretending it's just available to their device.
    I admit it did seem confusing a little. I thought there was some implied exclusivity. Whatever. Guess I just suck at reading people's intentions... Typical.
    02-17-2020 03:22 PM
    all android phones may have it but who is going to set the reminder to remind you to set the reminder up to begin with :-)
    02-17-2020 04:40 PM
    I wonder if they are still advertising their phones as waterproof and when you read furthur its waterproof to IP68
    02-17-2020 04:55 PM
    all android phones may have it but who is going to set the reminder to remind you to set the reminder up to begin with :-)
    02-17-2020 06:19 PM
    I wonder if they are still advertising their phones as waterproof and when you read furthur its waterproof to IP68
    I think so. What we need are phones built to the same standards as mission-critical long-term-use professional electronics, not Cat's "attempt".
    02-17-2020 06:20 PM