So, follow me here (and maybe I am behind):

-Google chose to eliminate the tasty treat moniker from the Android name. Due to cultural differences or the like. Ok. Fine.

-So, why keep up with the letters then? There is a cultural disparity between alphabets. Russian has more than 26 letters, as does any language based on Spanish. At some point, if we continue with the English alphabet, we will have to shift to using double letters, unless by then Android gets replaced by Fuchsia?

Watch...I would not be at all surprised if the letters have already been announced to be dropped, and I now look stupid, which would be nothing new.
    Morty2264 and belodion like this.
    02-20-2020 09:42 AM
    Well, they could go with Roman Numerals... but that would create its own set of problems- i.e. iPhone X or iPhone 10.....
    mustang7757 and Golfdriver97 like this.
    02-20-2020 11:03 AM
    So, follow me here (and maybe I am behind):

-Google chose to eliminate the tasty treat moniker from the Android name. Due to cultural differences or the like. Ok. Fine.

-So, why keep up with the letters then? There is a cultural disparity between alphabets. Russian has more than 26 letters, as does any language based on Spanish. At some point, if we continue with the English alphabet, we will have to shift to using double letters, unless by then Android gets replaced by Fuchsia?

Watch...I would not be at all surprised if the letters have already been announced to be dropped, and I now look stupid, which would be nothing new.
    US company, English Alphabet. so that's OK. After Android Z? We'll see.

Also - these are internal and externally they've gone to numbers so maybe it doesn't even matter anymore.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    02-20-2020 01:33 PM
    You bring up a really good point! Maybe we will go into Roman numerals... 🤣.
    02-20-2020 06:03 PM