Android minimize

pmwarden64

Apr 25, 2020
Visit site
I'm not happy the way it goes with android.
I experienced the mistakes from Microsoft with Windows, that was growing and growing at last to a slow monster with too many functions nobody need, include only because it was possible.

Today I have a smartphone with Android 10 and with every update I get more and more functions contraproduktive to my usage.

I would like to downgrade my Android not to a older version.
I would like to find a possiblitiy to remove functions I don't need.

Why did I get a (for me) useless function calles Live Focus on my camera app direct on the side from the other buttons so you can push it through mistake, get trapped in a loop where I can't use the camera anymore and can't leave the funtion to the moment I deactivate Live Focus in Apps Settings, to come in the next trouble again if my big finger comes to close to the button?

Why did always open the Bluetooth Window where I can choose the Bluetooth thing I like to connect, if I have only on Bluetooth Keyboard I connect again and again?
With WiFi no Window open.

How is it I myself can't personalize my Android so to turn of functions?

And I can't Samsung because I bought my mobile at Amazon and got a indian mobile in Australia and if I connect Samsung I got told bad luck, call India .......

I can remember times Android was easier and faster and smaller and more flexibel .... like Samsung too.

Sounds I'm unhappy?
Yes, I'm........

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Your first mistake, if your goal is a lighter weight OS, was buying a Samsung. Look at Motorola or Pixel for less bloat on the device.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Older Android being faster? Not really sold on that one. If you go back far enough, Android was a hot mess. You needed root access just to disable apps.

Windows is actually a pretty lean OS, if you have a regular retail key. If you are running with a preloaded version of Windows, then yes, the OEM of the PC loads in way too much garbage on the OS.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If you want a less bloated experience, then my recommendation would be to switch to Pixel phones (either the flagship series or the midrange "a" series). The Live Focus feature you mention is specific to Samsung. If you have a phone that's not made by Google, then you're dealing with a manufacturer who adds other features in an attempt to enhance the user experience and make the devices stand out from the crowd -- but the problem is that adding additional features to the base Android system can increase the risk of glitches, as well as delay (or even prevent) major Android system updates from happening, since the manufacturer has to make sure all of those additional features work with the new Android versions. This is not to say that non-Pixel Android phones are teeming with bugs -- they aren't -- but from the standpoint of your concern about "too many functions," this is one avenue to minimize that concern.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I recently left Pixel but I have bought a few Android One phones for family. It's a fairly lean OS. I have a Huawei P30 Pro that I bought for the camera, which I like, but then there's the OS, which I don't like. Huawei has to be "special" like Samsung and add on bloat and functions I don't need. I would mind so much if I could delete them but I can't.