Tmobile prepaid locked out of Good For Enterprise

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
It seems that Tmobile has blocked Good for Enterprise access to their networks without a specific activation code. Of course prepaid and mvno accounts are excluded from using this code, effectively forcing me to choose between signing a 2 year contract or not having access to my emails on the road. :-(

Anyone have any hacks or workarounds?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

anon(45178)

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm very interested in your experience with this problem. I started using Good a few weeks ago for work email. I'm also on prepaid Tmobile. I haven't had any issues running it so far. I'll let you know if anything changes.

anon(45178)

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Wow. What a blatant cash grab by all of the wireless carriers. If I'm cut off using my prepaid plan I'll just deal with not having work email. My job doesn't require me to have constant email access, but it's nice to have. I won't subscribe to a contract plan just so I can read my work email.

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If you're happy with T - mobile just go with a value plan. Cheaper per month because of no subsidy but the advantages if contract (conditional call forwarding, Good access, network priority, etc.)

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
If you're happy with T - mobile just go with a value plan. Cheaper per month because of no subsidy but the advantages if contract (conditional call forwarding, Good access, network priority, etc.)

But still a 2 year commitment. Boo.

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
But still a 2 year commitment. Boo.

True but also remember with no contract you at the mercy of the carrier if they want to change their monthly rate plans and terms.

As someone who uses their phone for business the TOSs of some of these prepaid carriers scares the living daylights out of me.

enozten

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if simple mobile allows enterprise apps? This is unacceptable to me as I need to be able to access my work email at all times.
Any other alternatives? I was loving the T-Mobile Walmart plan.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if simple mobile allows enterprise apps? This is unacceptable to me as I need to be able to access my work email at all times.
Any other alternatives? I was loving the T-Mobile Walmart plan.

Tmobile MVNOs are explicitly excluded from accessing Good, sorry to say.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
So, you're I finally sucked it up and went to a 2 year value plan. There seems to be no way around it if I want to use Good, and I can justify it with the certainly of locking in a fantastic price, adding GV voicemail options and getting national data roaming.

Plus, it's it sounds like they're going to eliminate ETFs next month anyways, so it might end up not being an issue!

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So, you're I finally sucked it up and went to a 2 year value plan. There seems to be no way around it if I want to use Good, and I can justify it with the certainly of locking in a fantastic price, adding GV voicemail options and getting national data roaming.

Plus, it's it sounds like they're going to eliminate ETFs next month anyways, so it might end up not being an issue!

I'm waiting to see how that plays out being on a Value Plan myself plus the new data plans might have me rethink being on unlimited (I use more than 2gb but could stay under 2.5gb which would allow me to bump down and save $9 a month)

andyfsu99

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site

What is an ETF in this context? Also trying to figure out what to do. [edit: nevermind, the help context told me once the "s" was off the end :)]

I've been dealing with the same issue... also very annoyed at the "suddenly just stopped working" aspect of it, it took 20+ minutes on the phone with t-mobile to figure out the issue.

Last edited:

enozten

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Is there any contract plan with a halfway reasonable price? I'm paying $30 now for the monthly walmat plan but see a 70 contract plan to be the closest alternative (which is ridiculous). I'm connecting to Good through VPN for now.

Is there a good alternative provider I could use with my T-Mobile Galaxy s2?

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
$70 is the unlimited everything plan, there are cheaper options if you can live with talk or data caps.

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Is there any contract plan with a halfway reasonable price? I'm paying $30 now for the monthly walmat plan but see a 70 contract plan to be the closest alternative (which is ridiculous). I'm connecting to Good through VPN for now.

It doesn't solve the "Good for Enterprise" problem because the are a T-Mobile MVNO, but I've been happy with Solavei. It's prepaid, $49 for unlimited talk/text/data (unthrottled first 4GB).

They are also doing a referral sign up program which can effectively lower this rate - completely optional.

Is your phone unlocked? It would definitely work if unlocked. There are mixed reports about using a T-Mobile locked phone on Solavei. T-Mobile might unlock it for you depending on how it was purchased.

Sent from my Nexus 4 on Solavei

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site

How many voice minutes and how much data do you need?

enozten

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
100 minutes are fine for me. I just use it for emergencies. Data would be at least 2gb, but hopefully at least 5gb. Really, the Walmart plan is perfect.

Thanks for the advice about Solavei, but it doesn't help since it won't let me access Good either.

Lagunis

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
More of a client-side solution for individual users... but downloading a VPN app like Hotspot Shield VPN works for me. Just use it when I need to check email and am on data rather than WiFi.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21