Are you still using Allo?

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Other than me, I know less people using it than Hangouts, and I only know one person using Hangouts and he stopped using it when I told him I didn't even install it.
WhatsApp, WeChat, signal, telegram, line, Viber, kik, Skype, kakao. All are better than allo. Biggest difference? PC/tablet/web browser integration.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I had another look after installing 5.0 today. Once I realised it was just more bloody stickers and that only two of my entire phone book have ever installed it, I shut it back down again.

Slow_S10

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad I'm not the only person who only uses it with their wife. Lol although to be fair 90% of my total messaging is with her so for me it's worth keeping. It definitely is faster and more fun than normal texting. I just wish I could convince more people to use it but everyone else I know just uses SMS messages and are reluctant to install a new app.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The thing about sms support is that isn't not really " safe" and secure which is why I think maybe it's also the reason why they didn't completely put it in totally with the initial release of Allo. I'm just taking a guess here of course..

I'm glad Google doesn't take over my phone number for enhanced messaging like Apple does with iMessage.

flipbeats

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Use it with like 2-3 people but everyone else gets mad because when I message them it looks like an add to join the app instead of just converting the messages to straight up text messaging. I like he app though no doubt.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Only w/my wife but when RCS is full blown in effect with all carriers and Google on text messaging apps, then I probably won't use it anymore.

zero3187

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I still use it for the same amount of people (2-3). I tried to get some other friends to use it and got called a nerd! lol

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I like it but I don't use it. I know one person who uses it because it's prettier than whatsapp.
And it has a terrible camera.

flipbeats

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
used to use it with at least 2 people until people started getting annoyed they were getting spamish text messages. And so I deleted it.. Just use android messages now and just waiting for rcs ( COMMON PROJECT FI!!)

HaboobZ

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Yep, still use it, but the amount of people that I use it with hasn't changed.

I like the Duo integration now, though you still have to have Duo installed for it to work... so it's "integrated" I guess. Kind of a bandaid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webchambers